This is the simplest method that I use to delete folder virus and recover USB storage devices like pen drives, memory cards, portable hard disks. This is the worst scenario where you feel like all your valuable data has been lost. Most of you might have faced this issue. when you insert your storage devices in some computers, all the files and folders inside will turn to shortcuts and this is due to the virus called folder virus. The solution is very simple. Follow these steps to get your files back and remove the spyware virus programs from your pen drives and your computers.
- Scan your Pen drive with some good Updated antivirus program in a Computer that is virus free. ESET, Kaspersky, Norton are the well known antivirus programs that are capable of removing almost all spyware programs. This will delete the folder virus from your pen-drive. Some antivirus programs can restore the file attributes during this scan itself.
- If the files are still hidden, you need to apply attributes for the files to bring them back.
- Get the drive letter of your Pen drive. Open My Computer and find the drive letter of the inserted Pen drive. Say “D“.
- You can restore the file attributes with windows Command Prompt. Open Command Prompt
- by searching it in start by typing cmd. Right click Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator
- or press Windows key + R and type cmd and press enter.
- In Command Prompt Enter the Drive-Letter and : . In my case it is D: and Press enter. Again Enter the following command
attrib -s -h /s /d *.*
- This will restore the file attributes and will bring your files back. Check the screenshots for more details.
You have now deleted the folder virus and other spyware programs and recovered your USB storage device. If you think that your files has been deleted permanently from the Pen drive you can use some recovery softwares or raid recovery softwares to get the files back.
- Installing Windows 7 & 8 from USB device
- Print any Document as PDF
- Enabling .net Framework offline in Windows 8