Mongolia Independence Day
- Mongolia Independence Day, celebrated every December 29, is a day of great glory and happiness for the Mongols, who gained freedom after years of being under Qing China’s rule.
- Also known as the National Revolution of Freedom and Independence Day, this holiday commemorates Mongolia’s autonomy.
- After all, the country’s independence is something that should be cherished and applauded till the end of time.
Cabinet approves opening of new Consulates in Maldives, Lithuania
- The Union Cabinet has approved the opening of new consulates in Maldives and Lithuania, the Centre told a parliamentary panel.
- The Centre was responding to the panel’s query about India having only resident missions in 48 countries out of 193 UN member nations.
- The Cabinet gave its nod for the two new consulates over the past two years.
Nilgiri Tahr Project
- The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday issued orders to conserve the Nilgiri tahr through a project that is touted as the first in the country.
- This project will be implemented over five years from 2022 to 2027 at a cost of Rs 25.14 crore and follow a strategy including synchronized surveys to estimate numbers of the tahrs through radio telemetry and radio-collaring.
Karnataka passes Bill for new Transport Authority
- The Bengaluru Metropolitan Land Transport Authority (BMLTA) Bill, 2022, which had been tabled in the monsoon session earlier this year was passed in the Karnataka Assembly.
- The legislation will be applicable to the Urban Mobility Region of Bengaluru and is aimed at the “regulation of development, operation, maintenance, monitoring, (and) supervision of urban mobility”.
Maharashtra was the first state to pass the Lokayukta Bill
- The Maharashtra Assembly on Wednesday passed the Lokayukta Bill, 2022, which brings the Chief Minister and the Council of Ministers under the ambit of anti-corruption complaints.
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said that Maharashtra will be the first state to implement the Lokayukta Bill across India.
IOC embarks on intensified TB Elimination Project in UP, Chhattisgarh
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) said it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to collaborate with state authorities in fighting the menace of Tuberculosis in Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
- The MoU was signed with the Central TB Division (CTD) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW), and Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh to undertake an intensified TB elimination project, the company said in a statement.
Hardik Pandya declared as T20 captain of Team India
- Hardik Pandya has been appointed as the captain of the Indian team in the T20 series against Sri Lanka.
- Indian team captain Rohit Sharma injured his left finger during the ODI series against Bangladesh.
- It looks like he may take a few days to recover from his injury.
- In this case, BCCI has announced that Hardik Pandya will be the captain of the Indian team for the T20 series against Sri Lanka.
First bone marrow stem cell transplant
- In a major milestone, the doctors at Government Medical College Srinagar and its associated SMHS hospital successfully performed the first Autologous Bone Marrow Stem Cell Transplant in a case of high-risk multiple myeloma.
Constitution of Ireland
- The Constitution of Ireland was formed on December 29 and every year on this day, Ireland celebrates its ratification.
The Karnataka Assembly has approved the Special Investment Region Bill
- The Karnataka Special Investment Region Bill-2022 to establish, operate, regulate and manage mega-investment clusters in Karnataka was passed in the Assembly.
- This Bill will enable economic activities with world-class infrastructure, premium civic amenities, centres of excellence and proactive policy framework and set up an organisational structure.