Grammy Awards Day
Grammy Awards Day is celebrated every year, albeit on a different date. On this day, the Recording Academy shows appreciation for the artistic eminence across genres such as hip-hop, pop, classical, and more, in the musical field. It is a perfect day to celebrate mankind’s universal language.
31st Foundation Day of National Commission for Women
- The National Commission for Women was constituted on 31st January 1992 with Jayanti Patnaik as the chairperson, In 2023, A two-day event was organized from January 31 to February 1, 2023, to celebrate the 31st Foundation Day in New Delhi.
- The program’s theme is ‘Sashakt Nari Sashakt Bharat’, aiming to recognize the success of women who have excelled in their journey of life and left an indelible mark.
Visakhapatnam to be the new capital of Andhra Pradesh
- After the bifurcation of Andhra and Telangana states in June 2014, Andhra Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu declared Amaravati in Guntur district as the capital of Andhra state.
- Visakhapatnam has now been changed as the new capital of Andhra Pradesh, the Chief Minister of the state YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said at the meeting of the International Federation of Diplomats held in New Delhi on 31st January 2023.
20th edition of BioAsia 2023 held in Telangana
- BioAsia is an international business convention promoted by the Government of Telangana in partnership with the Government of India and the Federation of Asian Biotech Associations.
- In the year 2023, the United Kingdom named the Partner Country at BioAsia 2023; and this Indian Life sciences Industry event of the Telangana government will be held in Hyderabad from February 24-26, 2023.
Economic Survey 2022-23
- The Economic Survey was presented in both Houses of Parliament on 31 January 2023 by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, The Economic Survey 2022-23 has projected a baseline GDP growth of 6.5 per cent in real terms in the next 2022-23.
- According to the survey, the Indian economy is expected to grow at 7 per cent in real terms in the current financial year. It also said India remains the fastest-growing major economy in the world.
NSE, World’s largest derivatives exchange for the fourth consecutive year
- The Futures Industry Association (FIA) has released the data that the National Stock Exchange (NSE) has once again emerged as the world’s largest derivatives exchange in 2022 regarding the number of contracts traded.
- And according to data given by the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE), NSE ranked third in terms of the number of trades (electronic order book) in the equity segment in 2022.
A New Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force was appointed
- Air Marshal A P Singh was appointed as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force on January 30, 2023. He will succeed Air Marshal Sandeep Singh, who will retire from service on January 31, 2023.
- Previously Air Marshal A P Singh was serving as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Central Air Command. He took charge as the Vice Chief on 1st February 2023, and he was commissioned into the fighter stream of the IAF on December 21, 1984.
New ancient ‘marine crocodile’ discovered on UK’s Jurassic Coast
- The discovery of Turnersuchus hingleyae follows an impressive unearthing of fossils on the Jurassic Coast, in Dorset, UK, including part of the head, backbone, and limbs.
- The newly-discovered fossils of Turnersuchus hingleyae represent the only complete Thalattosuchian of its age and date back to the early Jurassic, Pliensbachian period, which was about 185 million years ago.
Winners of the Republic Day parade 2023
- The Delhi Republic Day parade is the largest and most important of the parades marking the Republic Day celebrations in India, The parade takes place every year on 26 January at Kartavya Path, New Delhi.
- In that parade, Uttarakhand has been selected as the best state tableau among 17 States, Maharashtra tableau won second place and Uttar Pradesh won third place.