National Resolution Planning Day
National Resolution Planning Day is on December 30 and we are getting a headstart on setting goals for next year! Did you know that one in three people fail their New Year’s resolutions in the first month? And only 10% of people are successful at keeping their resolutions throughout the year. While there are many reasons for this, it is necessary that you set- and commit to your resolutions before the new year actually begins for a better chance at success.
356th Birth Anniversary Celebrations of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji
- Guru Gobind Singh was the tenth Guru of Sikhism, this is going to be his 356th birth anniversary. Guru Gobind Singh’s birth anniversary is going to be celebrated on December 29, 2022.
- The five K’s of Sikhism were introduced by him.
- They are kangha, kesh, kachera, kara and kirpan.
- Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti is celebrated across the world where the Sikh community people live.
IAF successfully test-fires extended range version of BrahMos air-launched missile
- The Indian Air Force successfully test-fired the extended-range version of BrahMos air-launched missile, which can hit the target at a range of over 400 km on 29th December 2022.
- The missile achieved the desired mission objectives by carrying out a precision strike against a ship target from a Su-30 MKI aircraft in the Bay of Bengal region, IAF said in a statement.
Election Commission of India to introduce Remote Voting Machine for migrant workers
- Voting in India is done by electronic machines.
- Residents of other states who migrate during parliamentary elections, especially labourers, have to go to their home states to vote.
- In order to change this, remote voting machines have been developed in the states where the migrant workers are working, where they can vote using their hometown voter ID card.
- The Election Commission will explain the process on January 16, when the remote voting machine will be available.
Union Minister Launches the ‘Stay Safe Online’ Campaign and ‘G20 Digital Innovation Alliance
- Minister for Electronics, Shri Ashwini Vaishnav has launched the “Stay Safe Online” campaign and the “G20 Digital Innovation Alliance” (G20-DIA), on 28 December 2022.
- The objective of the ‘Stay Safe Online Campaign’ is to raise awareness among citizens to stay safe in the online world.
- The objective of the G20 Digital Innovation Alliance (G20-DIA) is to identify, recognize, and enable the adoption of innovative and impactful digital technologies developed by startups, from G20 nations as well as the invited non-member nations.
A new memorial to British-Indian soldiers to be erected in Scotland
- A memorial to British-Indian soldiers is planned under the ‘Colorful Heritage’ project launched in Glasgow Scotland to celebrate the history of the South Asian community living in Scotland.
- The memorial will be erected to reflect the diversity of Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and others who fought alongside British soldiers in World War I and II.
1st metro rail inaugurated by PM Hasina in Dhaka
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first metro rail in Dhaka.
- The metro train was flagged off in Dhaka for the first journey between Diabari and Agargaon station.
- The metro rail is part of the Bangladesh project of Mass Rapid Transit to be completed by 2030, the metro rail is an approximately 12-kilometre-long metro route, and it is built with financial and technical support from Japan.
10th phase of Rythu Bandhu launched in Telangana
- Telangana government has launched the 10th phase of Rythu Bandhu, the investment support scheme for farmers, through the Rythu Bandhu scheme, the state government is providing crop investment to the farmers at the rate of ten thousand rupees per acre for both Kharif and Rabi seasons.
- Under this phase, 7,676 crores will be deposited in the bank accounts of over 70 lakh 54 thousand farmers towards investment support for the Rabi crop season.
Indian Army inaugurated 3D Printed Dwelling Unit at Ahmedabad
- The Indian Army inaugurated its first 3-D Printed House Dwelling Unit (with Ground plus One configuration) for soldiers at Ahmedabad Cantt on 28 December 2022, The dwelling unit has been constructed by the Military Engineering Services (MES) in collaboration with MiCoB Pvt Ltd incorporating the latest 3D Rapid Construction Technology
- The technique utilizes a concrete 3D printer that accepts a computerized three-dimensional design and fabricates a 3-D structure in a layer-by-layer manner by extruding a specialized type of concrete specifically designed for the purpose.
Best Assembly Member Award in Karnataka
- The best performing MLA in Kannada Assembly decided to select one person annually and give him the award.
- In 2022, RV Deshpande MLA played a key role in formulating industrial policy and promoting industrial development in Karnataka.
- RV Deshpande was presented with the Best Member of the Karnataka Assembly Award by Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai.
World Rapid Chess Championship
- World Rapid Chess Championship held in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- In that match world champion, Magnus Carlsen of Norway won 1st place and Germany’s Vincent Keim and USA’s Fabiano Caruana finished 2nd and 3rd place in the open category respectively.
- Also in the women’s category of the tournament, India’s B.
- Savitha Sri won the bronze medal, and secured 3 rd place with 6 points, and Arjun Erikaisi secured 5th place with 9 points.