World Leprosy Day
World Leprosy Day is observed on the last Sunday of January to focus on the target of zero cases of leprosy-related disabilities in children. As we know disabilities do not occur overnight but happen after a prolonged period of undiagnosed disease. So, these are the National and International important Days of January 2023 which may also help in preparation for several exams and also enhance your knowledge.
Martyrs Day or Shaheed Diwas
30 January is celebrated as Martyr’s Day or Shaheed Diwas every year in memory of Mahatma Gandhi and the sacrifice of three revolutionaries of India. As, of 30 January 1948, the ‘Father of Nation’ was assassinated. And on 23rd March 3 heroes namely Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Rajguru, and Sukhdev Thapar of the nation were hanged to death by the British.
G 20 International Financial Architecture Working Group meeting held in Chandigarh
- The first G20 International Financial Architecture Working Group meeting under the G20 Indian Presidency will be held on 30-31 January 2023 in Chandigarh.
- The meeting will also focus on exploring ways to provide maximum support to poor and vulnerable countries and also discuss ways to enhance the stability and cohesion of the international financial architecture and how to make it fit for addressing the global challenges of the 21st century.
The G20 energy transition group meeting will be held in Bangalore
- Bangalore will host the first meeting of the Energy Transition Working Group (ETWG) of the G20 on February 5 to 7, 2023.
- “The first meeting will focus on six priority areas. These include
- energy transition through addressing technology gaps,
- low-cost financing for energy transition,
- energy security and diversified supply chains,
- energy efficiency,
- industrial low carbon transitions and responsible consumption,
- fuels for future and universal access to clean energy and just,
- affordable and inclusive Energy Transition pathway,”
Supersite and a mobile air quality monitoring station launched in Delhi
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated a ‘supersite’ and a mobile air quality monitoring station meant for a real-time source apportionment study to identify the sources of air pollution in Delhi on 30th January 2023.
- Equipment has been installed at the site to monitor pollution levels and other parameters including wind direction, humidity and temperature, and determine the sources of pollution in Delhi in real time.
Niranjan Pujari become the new health minister of Odisha
- Naba Das, health minister of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s cabinet in Odisha, succumbed to multiple gunshot wounds he sustained at Brajrajnagar in Jharsuguda on 29th January
- Aday after Odisha Health and Family Welfare Minister Naba Kishore Das was shot dead; the State government allocated the department to Finance Minister Niranjan Pujari as the new health minister of Odisha.
90 lakh saplings planted in J&K this year under ‘Har Gaon Haryali’
- Jammu and Kashmir government’s ambitious initiative ‘Har Gaon Hariyali’ has recorded a plantation of 90 lakh saplings during the current fiscal against the set target of plantation of 1.35 crore seedlings.
- The UT Government launched this initiative in consonance with the vision of ‘Green Jammu and Kashmir’ to ensure sustainable development and promote climate justice across J&K.
Women’s Under-19 T20 World Cup
- The Women’s Under-19 T20 World Cup was held in South Africa.
- India won the Under-19 Women’s T20 Championship by beating England by 7 wickets in the final match between India and England.