Cyber Crime Investigation and Intelligence Summit 2022
The 4th Cyber Crime Investigation and Intelligence Summit-2022 are being organised by the Madhya Pradesh Police to improve the knowledge and abilities of police sub-inspectors and senior investigating officers in order to effectively prevent cybercrime. The largest knowledge-sharing, thought-leadership, and cybercrime investigation and intelligence summit (CIIS 2022) in India were organised by the Madhya Pradesh Police through the State Cyber Police and Parimal Labs from September 12 to 22, 2022, in collaboration with Soft clicks Foundation, Cleartel Technology, and UNICEF.
India’s Rice Export Curbs Paralyse Asia Trade
India’s restrictions on rice exports have paralysed trading in Asia, with buyers scouring for alternative supplies from Vietnam, Thailand and Myanmar where sellers are holding off on deals as prices rise, industry officials said. India, the world’s biggest exporter of grain, banned shipments of broken rice and imposed a 20% duty on exports of various other types as the country tries to boost supplies and calm prices after below-average monsoon rainfall curtailed planting.
Railway Invited Private Players to Build Wheel Plant
Indian Railways floated tenders for the first time to invite private players to build a wheel plant. The manufacturing and transport of wheels for the rakes were halted due to the Russia-Ukraine war. This initiative by the Indian Railways will make India self-reliant as well as draws a blueprint to become an exporter of wheels. The plant aims to manufacture at least 80,000 wheels every year for the Super-Fast Vande Bharat Express Trains in India. The plant aims to enable the production of 80000 wheels a year. The Steel Authority of India (SAIL) is supplying one lakh wheels and the rest of the wheels will be produced by the new plant.
American Express Banking Corp India named Sanjay Khanna as the new CEO
American Express Banking Corp India has appointed Sanjay Khanna as its chief executive officer (CEO) and country manager. At present, Khanna heads the country executive team and is responsible for driving growth across the organisation’s consumer and commercial businesses. In his new role, Khanna will be leading several business development initiatives for American Express, while steering collaboration across its diverse businesses in India, adding his position will be key to strengthening the company’s strategic focus in the country.
Gujarat CM announces first-ever Cinematic Tourism Policy 2022-2027
Gujarat Chief Minister, Bhupendra Patel has announced Gujarat’s first-ever ‘Cinematic Tourism Policy’ in the presence of dignitaries including actor Ajay Devgan, and State Government Minister Shri. Purnesh Modi and Shri Arvind Raiyani. This new policy will create viable opportunities for film production in Gujarat and also provide employment opportunities to local people. There are many places in Gujarat like the White Desert of Kutch, and Shivrajpur Beach where there are ample opportunities to become shooting spots.
National Maritime Museum in Gujarat
Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways is building the National Maritime Heritage Complex at the historic Indus Valley civilization region of Lothal in Gujarat with a total cost of 3500 crores rupees. The first-of-its-kind complex in India, this centre will showcase India’s rich and diverse maritime heritage. The foundation stone for the NMHC project was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the consent for the master plan was given in March 2019.
About the project
- The project is planned to be completed in different phases. In phase 1A, a museum will be built with 5 galleries and a naval gallery on 35 acres of land at an investment of Rs 774.23 crores.
- In phase 1B, the remaining portions of the museum will be built, including galleries, a lighthouse, a 5D dome theatre, Bagicha Complex and other infrastructure. This phase is proposed to be developed under EPC mode.
- Phase 2 will consist of state pavilions, Lothal city, Maritime Institute including hostel, eco-resorts, maritime & naval theme park, climate change theme park, monument theme park and adventure & amusement park. Components under this phase shall be executed under PPP mode.
India’s first Electronic Bank Guarantee: HDFC
HDFC Bank, India’s largest private sector bank, became the first bank in the country to issue an Electronic Bank Guarantee (e-BG) in partnership with National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL). The paper-based, time-consuming process has been eliminated with the new electronic bank guarantees that can be processed, stamped, verified and delivered instantly with enhanced security. This is a transformational change, and the Bank will migrate to e-BG to benefit all its customers.
Army Hospital in New Delhi opened the Early Intervention Center “Prayas”
At Army Hospital (Research and Referral) in the nation’s capital, a model “Early Intervention Centre- Prayas” has been built with the goal of easing suffering and fostering confidence in parents while dealing with children who have special needs.
About Early Intervention Center “Prayas”
- This project will have a significant positive impact on children of military members up to age six who have difficulties such as autism, cerebral palsy, sleep and language delays, and other conditions.
- General Manoj Pande, Chief of the Army Staff, and Archana Pande, President of the Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA), opened the Center at the Army Hospital (R&R).
Surg Vice Admiral Rajat Datta, Director General of the Armed Forces Medical Service, also attended the ceremony (DGAFMS).
- The newly established Center offers therapeutic services like special education, sensory integration occupational and physiotherapy, behaviour modification, and nutritional counselling, as well as advanced screening for hearing and visual defects, autism detection, and clinical identification of various syndromes.
- Vatsalya, a paediatric super speciality discipline that has been updated with a kid-friendly Walt Disney motif, is integrated with it.
- To improve the abilities of special children, a multidisciplinary approach incorporating the skills of many therapists will be used.
Ladakh Screenwriters Fair
In Leh, Ladakh Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur effectively opened the five-day Ladakh Screenwriters Fair. Mr Mathur claimed that Ladakh technologists and content providers are conversant with the motion picture business.
- Screenwriters fair, according to Union Territory Ladakh Secretary Commissioner Padma Angmo, is the outcome of the LG’s persistent efforts to promote Ladakh-original stories in the Ladakhi language by Ladakhis for consumption throughout India.
- During the Fair, Satyanshu Singh, Shakun Batra, Abhya Pannu, Shaunak Sen, and Pratyush Parasuram will discuss the fundamentals of screenwriting, character arc sketches, writing for documentaries, episode writing, OTT, and marketing.
King Charles named William and Kate the Prince and Princess of Wale
Britain’s King Charles has bestowed the titles of Prince and Princess of Wales on his eldest son William and daughter-in-law Kate, passing on the titles he and his late wife Diana previously held. Charles, who became Prince of Wales in 1958, automatically became king after the death of his mother, Queen Elizabeth.
Unique Farm ID to the Farmers by UP Gov
Uttar Pradesh government will provide a Unique Farm ID to the farmers, which will be linked to Aadhar to provide them with all benefits of government schemes. The Unique Farm ID will be similar to the Aadhar card. The government is planning to use Aadhar verification to implement the Unique Farm ID card scheme for the farmers.
- During the workshop regarding the Unique Farm ID card scheme, the Government wants to initiate and spread the use of Aadhar in simpler terms.
- Aadhar will be used to make use of the Unique Farm ID cards more easily. UP government wants to provide all benefits of the government schemes to the farmers and reach up to the maximum number.
- Chief Secretary Durga Shankar Mishra said that the state has saved 8400 crore rupees with the use of Aadhar verification.
- Through Aadhar verification more than one crore of school children is benefited from various schemes.
Winners of ‘Water Heroes: Share Your Stories Contest’ Announced by Jal Shakthi Ministry
The Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti launched the ‘Water Heroes: Share Your Stories’ contest. The third edition of the ‘Water Heroes: Share Your Stories’ contest was launched on 1st December 2021 and it will end on 30th November 2022 on MyGov Portal.