National Blue Collar Day
- National Blue Collar Day is celebrated every December 8. What better way to bring attention to America’s hard workers than to have them recognized with a national holiday? All blue-collar workers deserve our respect, admiration, and gratitude.
- They are the ones who work with their hands and use physical labour to earn a living.
- We are grateful for the hard-working men and women who help make our country run smoothly every day.
Multi-state co operative bill amendment 2022
- The Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah introduced the Multi-State Co-operative Societies (Amendment) Bill, 2022 in the Lok Sabha on 6th Dec 2022
- This new amendment bill is to amend the Multi-State Co-operative societies Act 2002.
- Multi-State Co-operative societies Act 2002
- An Act to consolidate and amend the law relating to cooperative societies, with objects not confined to one State and serving the interests of members in more than one State.
“Supreme Court Mobile App 2.0” has been launched in the Supreme Court
- Supreme Court Chief Justice Chandrachud has launched “Supreme Court Mobile App 2.0” to know the details of pending cases in government departments.
- More features are added to this app and it is designed to be available for Apple/iOS users within a week.
- Advocates and legal officers of central government ministries can keep track of court proceedings through this app.
- Law Officers and Law Officers of Central Ministries can check the status of their cases, orders, judgments and pending cases through this app.”
Winter Session of Parliament – 2022
- The winter session of the National Assembly for the year 2022 will be held from December 7 – December 29, in which Vice President Jagdeep Dhankar will participate as the Speaker of the rajya sabha for the first time.
- And the central government plans to introduce 16 new bills in 17 sessions in this winter session.
The Chief Minister inaugurated 20 mobile vegetable stores in Tamil Nadu
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin flagged off 20 mobile vegetable shops worth 40 lakh rupees for door-to-door sales on behalf of the Agriculture Department.
- The scheme has been implemented in the districts of Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Chengalpattu, Tirupur and Salem to sell farm vegetables to consumers at their homes.
The Aam Aadmi Party has won majority seats in the Delhi Municipal Corporation elections
- Voting for 250 wards of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) was held on the 4th of December 2022. The counting of votes began at 8 am on December 7, 2022, in 42 centres.
- The Aam Aadmi Party, which dominated the last rounds in terms of numbers, has secured the required number of 126 to win.
The repo rate was raised by RBI
- The repo rate offered by the Reserve Bank to banks has been increased from 5.90 percent to 6.25 percent.
- Reserve Bank Governor Shaktikanta Das has said that the interest rate has been increased to control inflation and the interest rate has increased for the 5th time within a year.
- The Repo rate is the rate at which the central bank of a country lends money to commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds.
The Chief Justice in charge of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court was appointed
- After the retirement of the Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh High Court Ali Muhammad Magre, the President of India has appointed Tashi Rabstan as the interim Chief Justice of the High Court.
- Also, he will serve as interim Chief Justice of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh High Court from 08.12.2022.
Mohammad Afzal appointed as a government nominee director in the NHPC board
- NHPC’s board has appointed Mohammad Afzal as the government nominee director from December 6, 2022.
- Afzal is now presently working as a Joint Secretary (Transmission) in the Ministry of Power.
- NHPC – National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
India’s 77th Chess GrandMaster
- Participating in the ongoing Elopregat Open Chess Tournament in Spain, Aditya Mittal won the Grandmaster title when he drew with Spain’s No. 1 player Francisco Vallejo Ponce in the 6th round.
- Following this, Aditya Mittal (16) from Mumbai has become India’s 77th Chess GrandMaster.
- A chess player must first obtain favourable results (norm) in 3 matches of 9 rounds each to become a Grandmaster. And next, reach 2,500 elo points.
Best Para-Badminton Player of the Year Award
- India’s Manisha Ramadoss has won the International Badminton Federation’s Para-Badminton Player of the Year award 2022, the 17-year-old Manisha has won 16 medals including 11 gold and 5 bronze in all competitions in the year 2022.
- The Best Para player in male category award was won by the 2022 Paralympic Champion Daiki Kajiwara of Japan.
World Championship Weightlifting Competition
- The World Weightlifting Championship is being held in Colombia, in which India’s Meerabai won silver by lifting 200 kg.
- China’s Jiang won gold in the event by lifting 206 kg, while Tokyo Olympic champion Hu Zhihua won bronze by lifting 198 (89+109) kg.