Jharkhand Foundation Day on November 15
- The Bihar Reorganization Act founded Jharkhand on 15 November 2000 as the 28th State of India.
- Jharkhand is also known as ‘The land of the forest” or ‘Bush land’. It is situated in northeastern India. Presently, Jharkhand state shares its border with Bihar to the north, Uttar Pradesh to the northwest, Chhattisgarh to the west, Odisha to the south and West Bengal to the east.
Wangala Festival: 100 Drum Festival of Meghalaya
- The Wangala Festival is also known as 100 drum festival.
- Wangala Festival is the occasion when the tribals offer sacrifices to please their main deity Saljong (The Sun God).
- The festival is celebrated for two days and sometimes continues for weeks.
- The ceremony performed on the first day is known as “Ragula” which is performed inside the chief’s house.
- The second day is called “Kakkar”. Younger and older sections dressed in colourful clothes with feathered headgear dance to the tune of music played on long oval-shaped drums.
- The Wangala Festival is the occasion to relax and for days the hills and valleys echo with the extraordinary beat of drums.
National Sports Awards 2022
- National Sports Awards are given every year to recognize and reward excellence in sports.
- ‘Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award is given for the spectacular and most outstanding performance in the field of sports by a sportsperson over the period of the previous four years.
- ‘Arjuna Award for outstanding performance in Sports and Games is given for good performance over a period of the previous four years and for showing qualities of leadership, sportsmanship and a sense of discipline.
- ‘Dronacharya Award for outstanding coaches in Sports and Games is given to coaches for doing outstanding and meritorious work on a consistent basis and for enabling sportspersons to excel in International events.
- ‘Dhyan Chand Award for Lifetime Achievement in Sports and Games is given to honour sportspersons who have contributed to sports through their performance and who continue to contribute to the promotion of sports events after their retirement. For more..
41st India International Trade Fair begins in New Delhi
- The 14-day mega event assumes a special significance as it coincides with the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- Twenty-nine States and Union Territories are participating in the event. Bihar, Jharkhand and Maharashtra are Partner States while Uttar Pradesh and Kerala are participating as Focus States in the fair.
- NITI Aayog Member (Health) Dr V K Paul inaugurated the Health Pavilion at the 41st India International Trade Fair in New Delhi today. The theme of this year’s pavilion of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is- Heal in India, Heal by India.
Andhra Pradesh Celebrates 55th National Library Week
- On November 16, tributes would be paid to veterans like S. R. Ranganathan, Pathuri Nagabhushanam, and Ayyanki Venkataramanaiah who played a crucial role in the library movement in the State.
- On November 17, poetry sessions and seminars will be held.
- on November 18, competitions such as drawing, essay writing, personality development, quiz, and various games and sports will be conducted for students.
- A discussion on Disha Act and Women’s Empowerment will be held on November 19. On November 20, ‘We Love Reading’ sessions will be held followed by the valedictory session.
Jio as Strongest Telecom Brand in India
- Reliance Jio topped the telecom category, followed by Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea Ltd, and BSNL.
- Adidas was the top brand followed by Nike, Raymond, Allen Solly, and Peter England in the apparel category.
- The automobile list was topped by BMW followed by Toyota, Hyundai, and Honda.
- LIC ranked 1 on the baking and financial services index had State Bank of India at number 2 and ICICI Bank at 3rd.
- The consumer appliances were topped by Kent, followed by Livpure, and Okaya.
- In consumer electronics, LG, Sony, and Samsung were in the top three of the brand lists.
India and Finland Agree to Enhance Cooperation in Digital Partnership
- The decision was taken during a meeting between Finland’s Minister of Education and Culture Petri Honkonen and Minister of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh at North Block in New Delhi.
- He was accompanied by a high level delegation which later held a separate meeting with the Indian delegation in the presence of the two Ministers.
- Honkonen’s visit comes in the wake of the announcement made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Finnish counterpart Sanna Marin during a Summit meeting on 16 March last year.
- Singh conveyed to the Finland Minister that India is keen to develop research collaborations with Finnish R&D institutions and technology collaboration with Finnish Industry especially focusing on the application of Quantum Computing.
Natasa Pirc Musar Elected Slovenia’s First Female President
- The new President of Slovenia, an EU, and NATO member state will replace the Borut Pahor.
- Borut Pahor has been active in politics for 30 years.
- Borut Pahor was formerly a fashion model who served two five-year terms and is often referred to in public as the Instagram President for his use of the social network.
- Natasa Pirc Musar is the new President, he formerly was a TV representative who became a lawyer and campaigned on human rights rules of law and social welfare issues.
Reliance Industries to make India’s first multimodal logistics park in Chennai
- The project would likely be monitored by the highest levels of the government, as it falls under the high-priority list of projects inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi under the Centre’s project monitoring system.
- Moreover, it is one of the several flagship projects announced under the Bharatmala Project of MoRTH, which envisions the building of 35 such MMLPs.
- The Centre plans to build 15 of these within the next two years. Under the National Logistics Policy (NLP) and PM-GatiShakti, it wants to bring down logistics costs to under 10 per cent of the GDP in a bid to make exports competitive and supply chains more efficient.