MAT Result 2023: All India Management Association (AIMA) will announce the MAT result 2023 for the September session tentatively in the last week of September 2023, in online mode. The AIMA will release the MAT result 2023 date in the form of a scorecard. Candidates will be able to check the MAT exam result 2023 on the official website of AIMA MAT – mat.aima.in. In order to check the MAT exam result, candidates have to login into their dashboard, using their registered email ID and password.
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national-level exam conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA) for admission to MBA/PGDM programs at over 600+ B schools in India. The exam is held four times yearly, in February, May, September, and December.
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) eligibility criteria are that the candidate must graduate from any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PwD) from a recognised university. Final-year graduation students are also eligible to apply.
The MAT question paper consists of 200 multiple-choice questions covering English, Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. Each question carries one mark and a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. The total time duration of the MAT exam is 150 minutes. The exam is conducted in three modes:
Paper-based Test (PBT),
Computer-based Tests (CBT), and
Internet-based proctored test (IBT).
|Exam Name||MAT 2024|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Type||PG Level|
|Full-Form||Management Aptitude Test|
MAT Result Date 2024 (Tentative)
|MAT Events||MAT Dates for September 2023|
|MAT exam date for PBT mode||September 3, 2024|
|AIMA MAT 2023 exam date for CBT||September 17, 2024|
|MAT 2023 exam dates (IBT mode)||September 2, 9, 10 and 16, 2024|
|MAT September result date 2023||Last week of September 2024|
How to Check AIMA MAT Result 2024?
MAT results of IBT/ PBT/ CBT will not be sent via email, post, or any other mode. Candidates will have to check their AIMA MAT result 2024 at the official website. Follow the simple steps given below to download your scorecard.
Steps to download MAT 2024 Scorecard
- Visit the official website of AIMA, mat.aima.in
- Login into the dashboard, using the registered email ID and password
- Download the MAT result
- Take printouts of the scorecard for future reference.
MAT Cut Off 2024
After the declaration of the AIMA MAT result 2023, the participating institutes will release their cutoff lists. MAT cutoff means that the candidates have to score the minimum score set up by the institutes in order to participate in the further selection process. Following is the expected MAT cutoff 2023 of institutes that are participating in the MAT exam.
Expected MAT 2024 Cutoff for Top MBA Colleges
|Name of MAT score accepting institutes||MAT Cut off in Scores|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||700|
|TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal||600|
|Institute of Finance and International Management, Bangalore||600|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai||400|
|Christ Institute of Management, Pune||400|
MAT 2024 Exam Pattern
The MAt 2024 exam pattern gives candidates an idea of the questions that will be asked in the exam and helps them plan their study time effectively. Exam pattern allows candidates to focus on the areas where they need to improve and helps them get familiar with the exam format and procedures. Here we have provided the exam pattern of the MAT 2024 examination:
- Modes of Examination: The MAT 2024 exam will be conducted through three different modes:
- Computer-Based Test (CBT): Candidates will take the exam on a computer, digitally interacting with the questions and options.
- Paper-Based Test (PBT): This traditional mode involves candidates marking their answers on an OMR sheet using a pen or pencil.
- Internet-Based Test (IBT): With a secure online interface, candidates will take the exam remotely from their computers.
- Duration: Candidates will have 2 and a half hours (150 minutes) to complete the examination. This timeframe includes the time needed to attempt all the sections and questions.
- Sections: The MAT 2024 question paper will consist of a total of 5 distinct sections, each assessing a specific skill set or knowledge domain. These sections are designed to comprehensively evaluate candidates’ abilities across different subject areas.
- Total Questions: The 200 questions will be presented in the MAT 2024 exam. These questions will be spread across the 5 sections, each containing various questions.
- Type of Questions: Candidates can expect to encounter multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in the MAT 2024 exam. MCQs provide candidates with a question and options to select the correct answer. This format assesses candidates’ knowledge, reasoning, and decision-making skills.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer a candidate provides, they will be awarded 1 mark. This positive marking system encourages candidates to answer to the best of their abilities, rewarding their accuracy and knowledge.
- Negative Marking: MAT 2024 incorporates a negative marking scheme. 0.25 marks for every wrong answer will be deducted from the candidate’s total score. This aspect encourages candidates to answer only when reasonably confident about their response, aiming to avoid unnecessary deductions.
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|I||Language and Comprehension||40|
|III||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|IV||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
|V||Indian & Global Environment||40|