International Holocaust Remembrance Day
From 1941 to 1945 Nazi Germany and its collaborators committed the systematic murder of over six million Jews. The Holocaust, also known as the Shoah, was Nazi Germany’s “Final Solution” for eliminating all Jewish people within Nazi Germany’s grasp. By the end of this heinous act, roughly two-thirds of Europe’s Jewish population had been murdered.
Delhi host first-ever India Stack Developer Conference
- The first-ever India Stack Developer Conference was organized in New Delhi.
- Delegates from G20 countries and G20 Secretariat have also been invited to the conference.
- India Stack is a multi-layer cluster of digital solutions such as Aadhaar, UPI, Digi Locker, Co-Win, GeM, and GSTN, and has played a key role in India’s digital transformation.
- The conference will provide a platform for the Industry and developer community to explore ways to develop a robust start-up and innovation ecosystem within the country and also take India stack products to other countries.
The Annual Orange festival 2023 celebrated in Nagaland
- Nagaland has celebrated the 3rd edition of the annual Orange festival 2023 at Rusoma village, under Kohima district.
- The department of Horticulture, Agriculture, Rural Development, Land Resources and Kohima Smart City is organizing the Festival.
- The Festival is conceptualized to recognize the hard work of orange growers while facilitating them the market linkages to sell their produce.
Nitin Gadkari chaired the 10th meeting of the Group of Infrastructure Committee
- Road Transport and Highways Minister, Nitin Gadkari has chaired the 10th meeting of the Group of Infrastructure Committee in New Delhi.
- Objective – To address existing inter-Ministerial issues concerning the implementation of various infrastructure projects.
- During the meeting, the committee discussed upon issues related to pending environmental clearances, land approvals, fund releases, etc.
Andhra Pradesh CM launched 165 veterinary ambulances
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched Phase 2 of India’s first government-run veterinary ambulance network by flagging off an additional 165 veterinary ambulance units from Tadepalli.
- With this, the government will be providing quality medical services with a total of 340 veterinary ambulances.
- CM Jagan flagged off 175 ambulance units as part of the first batch of ‘Dr YSR Sanchara Pasu Aarogya Seva’ (Veterinary Ambulances) with state-of-the-art facilities, in May 2021.
G20 in News (Note – All Meetings are Under the Presidency of G20 by India)
- First Meeting of the Youth-20 Group – Guwahati (6 – 8 February 2023)
- First G-20 Environment Meeting – Bengaluru (9 -11 February 2023)
- Business-20 (B-20) Inception Meeting – Gandhinagar (22- 24 January 2023)
- Think-20 Meeting – Bhopal (16 – 17 January 2023)
- Secretariat for Science 20 (S20) Meeting – IISc Bengaluru
- G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting – New Delhi (March 2023)
- First G-20 Meeting – Puducherry (31 January 2023).
- First Infrastructure Working Group Meeting – Pune (16-17 January 2023)
- First Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion Working Group Meeting – Kolkata
President Murmu approved 412 Gallantry Awards to Armed Forces personnel
- President Droupadi Murmu has approved 412 Gallantry awards and other Defence decorations to Armed Forces personnel and others.
- These include six Kirti Chakras, including four posthumous, and 15 Shaurya Chakras including two posthumous.
- These include one Bar to Sena Medal (Gallantry), 92 Sena Medals, including four posthumous, one Nao Sena Medal (Gallantry), seven Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry) and 29 Param Vishisht Seva Medals.
JUICE Space Mission of Europe to be launched in April 2023
- The European Space Agency’s Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer (JUICE) will be launched from the agency’s spaceport in French Guiana in April 2023.
- Objective – To explore the large, frigid worlds that orbit Jupiter, Ganymede, Callisto, and Europa
- Out of the 80 moons of the planet, these three were selected for their large oceans. The satellite is to be launched from French Guiana.
AU Bank launched the credit card offering platform SwipeUp
- India’s largest Small Finance Bank, AU Small Finance Bank has launched the SwipeUp platform.
- The platform will provide an opportunity for other bank credit cardholders to upgrade their card to one of AU credit cards.
- The bank has provided a platform to compare existing credit cards of customers within seconds. After that, within minutes they can upgrade credit limit, cashback, reward points etc.