National Computer Security Day
National Computer Security Day demands our attention every November 30 because cyber security affects everything from where we bank and how we spend our money to who we elect to public office.
World’s first Intranasal vaccine iNCOVACC gets approval from DCGI
- The world’s first Intranasal Vaccine iNCOVACC has received approval for Covid booster doses from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
- iNCOVACC is a recombinant replication-deficient adenovirus vectored vaccine with pre-stabilized SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
- This vaccine has been evaluated in phase I, II and III clinical trials with successful results.
FSSAI approved Yak as a ‘food animal’
- The Himalayan Yak has been approved as a ‘food animal’ by the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI).
- The move is expected to help slow the decline of the high-altitude bovine animal population by incorporating it into the conventional milk and meat industries, according to an official at the National Research Centre (NRC) on Yak in Dirang, West Kameng district, Arunachal Pradesh.
Govt Launches Scheme for Procurement of Aggregate Power of 4500 MW
The Ministry of Power has launched a scheme for the procurement of aggregate power of 4500 MW for five years under SHAKTI Policy. The Ministry said that the scheme will help states that are facing power shortages and help generation plants to increase their capacities.
The world’s largest active volcano erupts for the first time in almost 40 years
- The world’s largest active volcano, Hawaii’s Mauna Loa, is erupting for the first time in almost 40 years, and the latest eruption began on 27th Nov 2022.
- Mauna Loa last erupted in March and April of 1984, sending lava flows within 8 kilometres of the city of Hilo.
RBI to Launch Digital Rupee on 1 December 2022
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced a trial for retail digital rupee (e ₹-R) beginning 1 December, with four banks in as many cities participating in the pilot programme, a month after testing the wholesale central bank digital currency (CBDC).
KVIC Chairman inaugurates the ambitious Re-Hab Project in Nainital
- KVIC Chairman Shri Manoj Kumar inaugurated the ambitious Re-Hab Project at village Chausla, in Forest Range Fatehpur, Haldwani, District Nainital,
- Under these projects, honey-bees Fencing can prevent attacking humans and farmers’ crops from wild elephants. The project called Re-Hab is currently running in states namely Karnataka, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Assam and Orissa.
- KVIC- Khadi & Village Industries Commission
- Re-Hab – Reducing Human Attacks using Honey Bees
Mobile Health Clinic – ‘Doctor Apke Dwar’ was inaugurated
- Shri R.K.Singh, Union Minister of Power inaugurated the ten Mobile Health Clinics (MHC) at Sadar Hospital, Aarah, Bhojpur District Bihar. The total cost of the project is Rs. 12.68 crores.
- Of around 10 MHCs, 10 three are exclusively for women and will provide door-step primary health care service to the underprivileged population across the state.
Sipcot Industrial Park at Erayur was Inaugurated
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin inaugurated Sipcot Industrial Park, which has been set up on an area of 243.49 acres in Erayur, Perambalur district.
- Also through this, 25,000 jobs will be created and MoUs have been signed with 10 Taiwan-based companies with an investment of Rs.740 crores to provide employment to 4,500 people.
Preeti Sudan appointed as a UPSC Member
- Former Health Secretary Preeti Sudan took the Oath of Office and Secrecy as Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Member in New Delhi.
- Sudan is a 1983 batch Andhra Pradesh cadre retired Indian Administrative Service officer.
- She also served as the Department of Food and Public Distribution Secretary as well as in Women and Child Development and in the Defense Ministry.
Vistara to Merge With Air India by 2024
Singapore Airlines (SIA) and Tata Sons announced that they have agreed to merge Air India and Vistara, with SIA getting a 25.1 per cent stake in the merged entity at an investment of Rs 2,058.5 crore ($250 million) in Air India as part of the transaction.
Indore Plans India’s First Retail Municipal Green Bond for Solar Plant
Indore with a strong environmental record is planning to issue the nation’s first local government bond targeting individual investors, with proceeds used to fund a solar power project.