National Day of Giving
- National Day of Giving, also known as Giving Tuesday or Global Day of Giving follows three major shopping days: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday.
- It is created to unleash the power of radical generosity by giving to those in need or charities.
- Non-profits and charitable organizations usually participate in the day to run end-of-year campaigns and fundraise for the disadvantaged and underserved.
Brand Ambassador for Sri Lanka Panai Abi Vridhi Sabha for India was Appointed
- Madurai Vinayaka Murugesan has been appointed as the brand ambassador of the “Palm Development Council” of the Sri Lankan Embassy in Delhi under Sri Lankan Ministry of Horticulture.
Also Read India- Sri Lankan Relation
Aero India 2023 – Exhibition
- Since 1996, the Aero India Exhibition has been held at the Air Force Base in Elahanga, Bangalore on behalf of the Department of Defense.
- The 14th Aero India 2023, which is held every two years, will be held for five days starting from February 13, 2023, and ending on the 17th, and the military department has officially announced that aircraft, helicopters and aircraft manufacturing equipment from various countries will be displayed here.
Tamil writer Imayam selected for Kuvempu national award
Rashtrakavi Kuvempu Prathishtana Kuppali has selected Tamil poet V Annamalai aka Imayam for the Kuvempu National award for the year 2022 at the Kuvempu’s 118th birth anniversary program on December 29 at Kuppali in Thirthahalli taluk.
“AUSTRA HIND 22” bilateral military exercise
- The first edition of the bilateral training exercise “AUSTRA HIND 22” between the Indian Army and the Australian Army took place at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges (Rajasthan) from 28 November to 11 December 2022.
- The main aim of the exercise is to build positive military relations and promote the ability to operate together while undertaking multi-domain operations in Semi deserts terrain under a UN peace enforcement mandate.
HARIMAU SHAKTI – 2022
- India – Malaysia joint military Exercise called “Harimau Shakti -2022” held at Pulai, Kluang, Malaysia on 28th November and will end on 12th December 22.
- Exercise HARIMAU SHAKTI is an annual training event between the Indian and Malaysian Army which has been conducted since 2012.
- The aim of this exercise involves a Command Planning Exercise (CPX) at the Battalion level and Company level Field Training Exercise (FTX) on sub-conventional operations in jungle terrain.
Udaipur to Host First G20 Sherpa Meeting in India
Udaipur is gearing up to host the first G20 Sherpa Meeting in India from 4 to 7 December. The meeting is aimed at fostering growth and building bonds amongst the member nations. Among the highlights will be the depiction of Indian culture with wall paintings and the illumination of heritage sites across the city.
Mahatma Gandhi Statue to be Inaugurated at UN Headquarters
- India will assume the UN presidency of the Security Council in December 2022.
- Following this, India gifted a statue of Mahatma Gandhi to the UN.
- The statue will be installed on the lawn in the north of the headquarters and will be unveiled on the 14th of December.
- It is noted that famous sculptor and Padma Shri awardee Ram Sudar designed the statue of Mahatma Gandhi.
“VAANAVIL MANTRAM(Rainbow Forum)” Scheme was launched in Tamil Nadu
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin launched the “VAANAVIL MANTRAM” project at Adi Dravidar Welfare Girls Higher Secondary School in Trichy to stimulate interest in science and mathematics among government school students of classes 6 to 8 in Tamil Nadu.
- Under this scheme, 100 sciences and mathematics laboratory vehicles were introduced, and it has been announced that the scheme will be implemented at an estimated cost of Rs.25 crore to benefit 25 lakh government school, students.
Permanent Ban on Online Gambling Bill-Tamilnadu
- ‘Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Online Gambling and Regulation of Online Games Bill 2022’-The Permanent Prohibition Bill was tabled in the Assembly, passed and sent to the Governor for assent by the Tamil Nadu Government on 28th October 2022. The Governor’s assent is yet to be given to the bill to permanently ban online gambling games.
- Then by Article 213 (2) (A) of the Constitution, the Ordinance shall automatically lapse 6 weeks from the date of sitting of the Assembly.
- Hence the Online Gambling Prohibition Ordinance will become ineffective after November 27, 2022.
The 53rd edition International Film Festival of India concludes
Awardees in 53rd IFFI
- Spanish film ‘I Have Electric Dreams’ directed by Valentina Maurel winning the prestigious ‘Golden Peacock’ for the best film of the festival.
- Vahid Mobasseri, lead actor of ‘No End’, was honoured with Silver Peacock for Best Actor (Male)
- Daniela Marin Navarro, lead Actor of Best Film ‘I Have Electric Dreams’ is honoured with Silver Peacock for Best Actor (Female).
- Iranian writer and director Nader Saeivar gets Silver Peacock for Best Director for No End,
- Filipino filmmaker Lav Diaz bagged Special Jury Award for ‘When the Waves are Gone’.
- Award for Best Debut Feature Film of a Director has been snatched by Asimina Proedrou for Behind The Haystack and Praveen Kandregula has received Special Mention for ‘Cinema Bandi’.
- Celebrated Spanish film Director Carlos Saura was honoured with the prestigious Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement award.
- Actor Producer Chiranjeevi Konidela was conferred with the IFFI Indian Film Personality of the Year Award for 2022.
‘Nai Chetna’ Gender Campaign Launched by Ministry of Rural Development
- The Union Minister described that the ‘Nai Chetna’ campaign focuses on women.
- Women in rural areas are unaware of the various mechanisms available to raise their concerns.
- The campaign has an idea to bring the issue of gender-based violence into focus and make women aware of their rights and the mechanism available to help redress their grievances.
- The ‘Nai Chetna’ campaign was launched on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against women on 25th November 2022.
- The campaign aims to raise awareness about the institutional mechanisms available for women to fight gender-based violence.