Red Planet Day
- Red Planet Day, November 28, recognizes the planet which has captivated human observers for countless years, Mars.
- Right now, we know that Mars is red thanks to photographs beamed back to Earth from American rovers.
- For centuries, the naked human eye has been able to detect the reddish tinge of the solar system’s fourth planet, glimmering in the night sky.
- Little did scientists know, the red on Mars’ surface came from a preponderance of iron oxide, common rust.
National Cadet Corps celebrates 74th Anniversary day
- National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organisation in the world raised in 1948, will celebrate its 74th anniversary on November 27, 2022.
- To mark the occasion, Defence Secretary Shri Giridhar Aramane laid a wreath and paid homage to the fallen heroes on behalf of the entire NCC fraternity at National War Memorial, New Delhi on November 26, 2022.
Dharmendra Pradhan Released ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’
Union Education & Skill Development Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan released the book ‘India: The Mother of Democracy prepared and published by the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) in New Delhi.
Union Minister Virtually Launches Online Portals to Read Preamble
- Mr. Pralhad Joshi launched the portals and stated that citizens should read the preamble of the Constitution in a language suitable to them out of the 23 languages.
- He paid tribute to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar for his peerless contribution to making the country’s Constitution which has guided the destiny of India.
- He also stated that the Constitution of India has played an important role in the empowerment of the people in the last row.
- He also highlighted that the document guarantees justice, equality, and liberty.
PT Usha Become First Women President of Indian Olympic Association
- PT Usha is one of the most accomplished athletes in India.
- She has won 11 medals including four gold at the Asian Games between 1982 and 1994.
- She also won four gold medals at the Seoul Asan Games in 1986.
- She has participated in 200m, 400m hurdles, and 4×400 relays.
- Umesh Sinha the returning officer for the IOA elections has reported that the process was underway on 25th November.
Canada Won First Davis Cup Title After Defeating Australia
- Auger-Aliassime retained his balance in the second set as he defended two break points in the second game.
- He impressively fought his way back from 0-40 to hold his serve in the sixth game.
- Earlier Denis Shapovalov gave Canada, beaten finalist in 2019 to Spain, the first point with a 6-2, 6-4 win over Thanasi Kokkinakis.
Third Ship of Survey Vessel ‘Ikshak’ Launched by Indian Navy
- Four SVL ship was signed between MoD and Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE).
- As per the build strategy of GRSE, the first ship is being built at GRSE, Kolkata.
- SLV ships will replace the existing Sandhyak Class survey ships with new-generation hydrographic equipment to collect oceanographic data.
- The Survey Vessel Ships are 110m long, and 16m wide with a deep displacement of 3400 tons and a complement of 231 personnel.
- Propulsion system of the ship consists of two main engines in twin shaft configuration.
- It is designed with a cruise speed of 14 knots and a maximum speed of 18 knots.
India’s 1st Integrated Rocket Facility to be Based in Telangana
Telangana’s IT and Industries Minister K T Rama Rao on said the state will have the country’s first integrated rocket design, manufacturing and testing facility in Hyderabad by Skyroot Aerospace.
GoI named Deepa Malik as ambassador of Nikshay Mitra
Union Health Ministry designated Padma Shri, Khel Ratna Arjuna Awardee and the President of the Paralympic Committee of India, Dr. Deepa Malik as Nikshay Mitra ambassador in New Delhi. It is an initiative under Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan.
BSE Signs Up TAC Security as Cyber Security Partner
TAC Security is a global leader in vulnerability management that protects Fortune 500 companies, large enterprises & governments globally. TAC Security manages 5+ Million vulnerabilities through it’s Artificial intelligence (AI) based Vulnerability Management Platform ESOF (Enterprise Security in One Framework).