International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on November 25, every year.
- It is a day to pay tribute to the Mirabal sisters, the Dominican Republic activists who were murdered at the order of Rafael Trujilllo in 1960.
- The United Nations aims to raise awareness about gender-based violence against women.
- This year’s campaign is a 16-day initiative starting on International Day for the Elimination of Violence against women and concluding on International Human Rights Day on December 10.
Prasar Bharati celebrates its Silver Jubilee
- It is the largest statutory autonomous public broadcasting agency in India which was established in 1997.
- It was established under an Act of Parliament and consists of Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio.
- In September 1990, the Parliament passed the Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Act.
- This act made provision for the establishment of a Broadcasting Corporation of India named Prasar Bharati.
India carries successful training launch of Agni -3
- India carried out a successful training launch of an Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile, Agni-3 from APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha on 23rd Nov 2022.
- The Defense Ministry said that the launch was carried out for a predetermined range and validated all operational parameters of the system.
Entrepreneurship Cell and Centre of Innovation (COI)
- The Union Minister Shri Ashwini Vaishnav inaugurated the Entrepreneurship Cell and Centre of Innovation (COI) at the Delhi campus of the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), the Telecom R&D Centre of the Government of India, on Nov 23, 2022.
- COI has been established to spur indigenous innovation and entrepreneurship in various domains of Telecom like IoT/M2M, AI/ML, 5G, etc. and by encouraging local startups to play a significant role in strengthening the overall technological framework in the country.
Dubai ‘hypertower’ will be the world’s tallest residential structure
- Plans have been unveiled to build a 100-storey ‘hypertower’ in Dubai, which the developers claim will be the world’s tallest residential building.
- Named ‘Burj Binghatti Jacob & Co Residences’, the hypertower will have diamond-shaped spires at the top to resemble a crown.
- The building will house a dedicated concierge team, offering services such as daycare, bodyguard, chauffeur and private chef.
4-Laning of the Bhiwani-Hansi road section was approved
- Union Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari approved the 4-Laning of the Bhiwani-Hansi road section of NH-148B under Bharatmala Pariyojana in Bhiwani and Hisar districts of Haryana with a budget of Rs.1322.13 Crore.
- The development of this section would also improve the overall efficiency of the long route traffic and freight movement would ensure smooth and safe traffic flow as well as a substantial reduction in travel time and reduced Vehicle Operating Cost (VOC).
Coimbatore District formation day in Tamilnadu
- Coimbatore district was created with Coimbatore as the capital on 24th November 1804 for the administrative convenience of the British.
- And now Coimbatore becomes the Manchester of South India, the second largest city in Tamil Nadu, an advanced city in terms of industrial development and educational institutions.
National Gopal Ratna Awards 2022
- National Gopal Ratna Award is one of the highest National Awards in the field of livestock and dairy sector,
- The main objective is to recognize and encourage all individuals like Farmers rearing indigenous animals, AI Technicians and Dairy cooperative societies / Milk Producer Companies / Dairy farmers Producers Organizations.
Europe announces the name of the world’s first disabled astronauts
- The European Space Agency has named the first ever “parastronaut” in a major step towards allowing people with physical disabilities to work and live in space.
- The 22-nation agency said it had appointed British Paralympic sprinter John McFall to take part in a feasibility study during astronaut training to assess the conditions needed for people with disabilities to take part in future missions.
Lieutenant Governor Inaugurates ‘Sonzal-2022’ at Kashmir
- Sonzal means rainbow, which is a symbol of hope, inspiration, and good fortune.
- The Lt Governor entrusted on the Educational Institutions to discharge their responsibility to ensure freedom, creativity, and engagement for them to become multi-achievers, and acquire knowledge & skills to thrive and shape their future.
- The Lt Governor appreciated the efforts of the Kashmir University for making necessary changes to incorporate recommendations of the National Education Policy.
Qatar signed the world’s ‘longest’ gas supply deal with China
QatarEnergy announced a 27-year natural gas supply deal with China, calling it the “longest” ever seen as it strengthened ties with Asia while Europe scrambles for alternative sources. The state energy company will send four million tonnes of liquefied natural gas annually from its new North Field East project to China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation (Sinopec).