- Thanksgiving Day (U.S.) is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November since 1941 now this year falls on November 24, 2022.
- In order to reunite, share a meal, and give thanks and harvest festivals had been celebrated for centuries by Native Americans.
Kotagiri Longwood Oasis declaration as the world’s premier evergreen forest
- The Queen’s Canopy has declared Kotagiri Longwood Oasis as the World’s Best Evergreen Forest and this award has made Kotagiri Longwood Oasis one of the most famous in the world.
- Named ‘Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy’, the award is given by the Royal Commonwealth Society, and the forest is a magnificent evergreen forest covering an area of about 250 acres.
Nepal Parliamentary Elections
- Parliamentary and Provincial Assembly elections were held in Nepal on November 20, 2022. This is the second general election after the promulgation of the Constitution in 2015.
- In Nepal, Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Duba was elected for the 7th consecutive term from his home district of Dhankuda. Senior Nepali Congress leader Mr Duba defeated the independent candidate Sagar Thakal by a margin of 12 thousand votes.
Groundnut Festival ‘Kadalekai Parish begins in Karnataka
- The groundnut festival has a 500-year-old history, and it is happening after a pause of two years because of the pandemic.
- It was inaugurated by Karnataka chief minister Basavaraj Bommai on November 20, 2022.
- This year, over 3,000 people from other parts of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and also Tamil Nadu took part in the festivities that welcomed the first seasonal yield of the groundnut crop.
- This year, raw groundnuts are priced at Rs 50, and roasted peanuts are being sold for Rs 80. As many as 2,000 traders participated in the festival.
Prodapt won the Prestigious Salesforce Partner Innovation Award 2022
- Prodapt, a leading global consulting, technology & managed services provider with a singular focus on the Connectedness industry, has been named a recipient of the Salesforce Partner Innovation Award in the “Communications” category.
- The prestigious award recognizes Prodapt’s contributions to Salesforce-driven digital transformation programs and the development of specific solution accelerators for the communications industry.
Matrix Awarded Partner of the Year 2022 by Procter & Gamble
Chennai-based Matrix Business Services India Pvt. Ltd., a leading Business Assurance Services Company, part of the UDS Group, was recently recognised and awarded “Partner of the Year 2022” by one of the world’s most valuable companies, Procter & Gamble (P&G) at a recently held event in Cincinnati, USA, for their contribution in transforming their business processes.
Mumbai Becomes the First City in South Asia to Top CDP’s Climate Action List
Mumbai has become the first Indian city to be added to the A-list in the 5th Annual Cities Report published by CDP, a non-profit organisation that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states, and regions – recognises the important role that cities play in taking bold actions to mitigate and adopt to climate change.
Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards 2021 Announced by GoI
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India announced the National Adventure Award called “Tenzing Norgay Adventure Award” (TNNAA) for the year 2021.
- The award is given in four categories which are Land Adventure, Water Adventure, Air Adventure, and Life Time Achievement.
Films on child rights to be promoted at IFFI in Goa
- UNICEF and National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) have joined hands to promote films with a child rights perspective at the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
- Special sections for films that highlight children’s and adolescents’ issues and rights have been created at IFFI for the first time. Six films narrated jointly by NFDC and UNICEF are being screened during the 9-day Celebration of IFFI.