National Law Day
- National Law Day — also known as Samvidhan Divas — is celebrated in India on November 26 every year to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
- Constitution Day is not a public holiday, however, government departments and schools across the country acknowledge the day with various events and activities.
- As per the Department of Education and Literacy, the preamble of the constitution is read in all schools by all students.
Bilateral exercise ‘Naseem Al Bahr’
- Indian Navy and Royal Navy of Oman participated in the 13th Edition of the bilateral exercise ‘Naseem Al Bahr’ or Sea Breeze; the six-day long exercise was conducted off the coast of Oman.
- The highlight of the exercise was the participation of India’s guided missile stealth frigate, INS Trikand, offshore patrol vessel, INS Sumitra, and Maritime Patrol Aircraft Dornier. The first naval exercise between the two countries was conducted in 1993.
India Wins Vice Presidency of International Electrotechnical Commission
India wins the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Vice Presidency and Strategic Management Board (SMB) Chair for the 2023-25 term. Shri Vimal Mahendru will be the IEC Vice President representing India.
World’s most popular leader list
- US-based consulting firm Morning Consult released the report of Global Leader Approval Ratings, The latest approval ratings are based on data collected from the 16th to 22nd of November month 2022,
- According to the report, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has become the world’s most popular leader with an approval rating of 77 percent. Mexico President Andrés Manuel López Obrador stands in second position and Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese at third. And US President Joe Biden is placed in the 9th position and UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak is among the 22 world leaders.
Self-driving bus experiment launched in South Korea’s capital
- South Korea’s capital (Seoul) launched its first self-driving bus; the main aim is to make people feel more comfortable with driverless vehicles on the roads.
- The bus uses cameras and lasers to navigate the way instead of expensive sensors, and also the public can book a free seat through an app at two designated stops.
World’s most profitable companies ranking list
- Apple has topped the list of the most profitable companies in the world with a profit of Rs 1.5 lakh per second.
- Microsoft is second with a profit of 1.14 lakhs per second. Berkshire Hathaway and Alphabet, Google’s parent company, are next in line
Electric vehicle charging station inaugurated at Chennai Airport
- Electric charging points for electric vehicles inside Chennai Airport were inaugurated by the Director of Chennai Airport, Sarathkumar, Executive Director of Indian Oil Company, C.V.Asokan.
- These electric charging points are developed with advanced technology. Therefore, the charging station can also be used through a cell phone app and RFID, a radio frequency identification line, and two charging points of 15 kilowatts and 7 kilowatts have been set up in the airport.
Discovery of 16th century Middle Stone sculpture near T.Kallupatti
- A Mid Stone sculpture dating back to the 16th century AD has been found in the Motagam area near T. Kallupatti in the Madurai district.
- Mid Stone has been planted in memory of the hero who died in the war and has been worshipped as a guardian deity, and this Mid Stone with male and female figures is 4 feet high and 2 feet wide.
Dharmendra Pradhan Released ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’
Union Education & Skill Development Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan released the book ‘India: The Mother of Democracy prepared and published by the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) in New Delhi.
39 Schools Awarded with Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar for 2021-22
- The awarded schools include two Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas, one Navodaya Vidyalaya, and three Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar honours the school that has done exemplary work in water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- It also provides a benchmark and roadmap for the schools to make further improvements.
- The schools are rated on six broad parameters: water, toilets, handwashing with soap, operation and maintenance, behavioural change, and capacity building.
ISRO Begins Countdown for PSLV-C54 Mission
Scientists of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) commenced the countdown for the launch of Earth Observation Satellite – Oceansat – and eight other customer satellites on a PSLV-C54 rocket from the spaceport of Sriharikota.