Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was born on 23 January 1897 in Cuttack, Orissa. He was one of the most prominent Indian freedom fighters. His army was known as Indian National Army (INA) or Azad Hind Fauj. He also led an Indian national force from abroad against the Western powers during World War II.
Tourism Ministry participates in the world’s largest Travel Exhibition
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, is participating in FITUR, the world’s largest international travel exhibition in Madrid, Spain.
- India’s participation at FITUR is significant to step up the recovery of inbound tourism to pre-pandemic levels
- The Ministry of Tourism has taken up 253 square metres of space, with over 30 participants exhibiting along with the India Pavilion, to participate in the exhibition.
- The India Pavilion was inaugurated by Dinesh K Patnaik, Indian Ambassador to Spain.
18th Annual Meeting of the Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE) held
- Union Minister for Tourism, Culture G Kishan Reddy and Union Minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan co-chaired the 18th Annual General Meeting of the Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE), Guwahati.
- During the meeting, a holistic approach of the government for skill development in the North Eastern region was suggested.
- Both the Ministers also co-chaired a review meeting on the preparations for several activities under ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshth Bharat’.
J&K government to host its maiden SARAS Fair 2023
- The Government of Jammu and Kashmir is going to host its maiden SARAS Fair 2023 from 4 to 14 Feb 23.
- In this fair, artisans and women self-help groups from across the country will showcase their crafts, handcrafts, handloom, and foods.
- The fair would be organized at Bagh-e-Bahu, Jammu.
‘Vigyanika – Science Literature Festival’ event to be held in IISF, Bhopal
- A Science Literature Festival ‘Vigyanika’ has been organized at the Indian International Science Festival (IISF), Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- “Science Literature Festival” is being organized as part of the 8th IISF.
- In 2023, IISF is being coordinated and organized by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Vijnana Bharati.
India to become $26 trillion economy by 2047: EY report
- According to an EY report, the Indian Economy is very likely to hit the $26 trillion mark by the year 2047, which will also be the 100th year of India’s independence.
- The report also showed that the country’s per capita income would exceed $15,000, placing it among the top developed economies.
SBI General Insurance partnered with HP Police and Doers NGO
- SBI General Insurance has partnered with Doers NGO to assist Himachal Pradesh police in reducing the number of traffic accidents under the corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative.
- SBI General has donated a well-equipped ambulance which would provide timely medical care to the road accident victims in the Mandi district within the ‘Golden hour’.
Chris Hipkins elected as new prime minister of New Zealand
- New Zealand’s ruling Labor Party has elected Chris Hipkins as its leader and the country’s 41st prime minister, replacing Ms Jacinda Ardern.
- Hipkins was the only nomination for the job and his confirmation in a party meeting known as the Labour caucus was largely a formality.
- Hipkins named Carmel Sepuloni as Deputy Prime Minister.
RV Prassad was awarded the most distinguished scientist of the year in 2022
- R Vishnu Prasad has been awarded “the most distinguished scientist of the year 2022” at the Indian Achievers Award at Vigyan Bhawan in Delhi.
- The award recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions in various fields, including culture, science, sports, and innovation.
Nepalese ophthalmologist Dr Sanduk Ruit won Bahrain’s ISA Award
- Himalayan Cataract Project Co-Founder and noted Nepali ophthalmologist Sanduk Ruit has won the ISA Award 2021-22 for Service to Humanity, a top civilian award of Bahrain.
- He is fondly called as “God of Sight” to have saved 1,20,000 eyesight who would have otherwise gone blind in absence of treatment.