World Day of the Handicapped
World Day of the Handicapped is also known as the International Day of People with Disabilities (IDPD). It is observed on 3 December to raise awareness about understanding and accepting people with disabilities. The theme for 2021 is “Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities toward an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 world.”
Indians ranked top in the list of expatriate remittances to their home country
- In a report released by the World Bank, Indians have topped the list of remittances from abroad in 2022.
- In 2022, remittances by Indians will be $100 billion, which are almost 8.1 lakh crore rupees. It is noteworthy that no other country in history has ever received this much money.
India will assume the presidency of the UN Security Council for the month of December
- Each country holds the monthly presidency of the UN Security Council on a rotating basis; India assumed the presidency in August 2021.
- Following this, India assumed leadership on 1st December 2022.
- Ruchira Kamboj, India’s Permanent Representative to the UN will assume the role of Chairman.
Sylhet Festival 2022
- Union Minister of Tourism of North Eastern Region G Kishan Reddy and Bangladesh Foreign Affairs Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen will inaugurate the Sylhet Festival 2022 at Silchar in the Barak Valley of Assam on 2nd Dec 2022.
- The first Sylhet-Silchar Festival celebrated the close cultural ties between the neighbouring regions of India and Bangladesh.
- And also the program is being organized in the context of the historical relationship between Sylhet and Barak Valley of South Assam.
Tamilnadu writer K. Rajanarayanan Memorial Organization was opened
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin inaugurated the memorial with a full statue of Tamil Nadu writer K.Rajanarayanan at an estimated cost of Rs.1.50 crore. The memorial has a library, administrative office, electronic library and exhibition hall.
- He also received major literary awards in Tamil including the Sahitya Akademi Award for his novel “Gopallapurathu Makkal” in 1991, the Literary Thought Award, the Tamil Nadu Government Award, the Manonmaniam Sundharanar Award, the Tamil Literature Achievement Award of Canada Tamil Literary Garden.
One District One Sport scheme launched in Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched One District One Sport (ODOS) on the lines of the highly successful One District One Product (ODOP) scheme of the government.
- Under this scheme ODOS, one sport will be identified in each of the 75 districts of UP and necessary steps taken to find district-wise sport-specific talents and hone their skills in order to enable them to represent the district, state, national and international level tournaments and championships.
Uttar Pradesh state’s 1st structural audit policy was implemented
- Uttar Pradesh state’s first structural audit policy has been implemented in Noida, under which builders would have to submit a structural audit report to obtain a partial or full Completion Certificate (CC).
- The structural audit policy is based on three major defects of construction, namely crack and damage in the foundation of the first building, in the second floor and common area and in the walls.
Chief Auditor of Tamil Nadu was Appointment
- Nedunjezhiyan took charge as Chief Audit Officer (Audit-1) of Tamil Nadu on December 1, 2022.
- 1996 joined the IAS service as an officer and in his new charge will be the State Chief Audit Officer, auditing 21 departments out of 37 departments in Tamil Nadu.
- The department Audits the state government finances, revenue, health, education, local bodies and public sector institutions
Digital awards in the Idol anti-trafficking category were Introduced
- Digital Award has been introduced in Tamil Nadu Idol Anti-Smuggling Unit. For the first time in the country, Tamil Nadu Idol Anti-Smuggling Unit has introduced digital awards.
- World’s first digital award and token issuance system introduced in Dubai.
- It has since been introduced in Tamil Nadu, India, and the award was first given to the Tamil Nadu police department which confiscated 15 idols.
T20 World cup tournament for blind 2022
- The third T20 World Cup Cricket Tournament for the Blind will be held from December 5 to 17, 2022 in India, Around 150 players will be participating from all the countries and the tournament, which has a total of 24 matches, will take place in nine cities in India.
- The countries participating for the World Cup 2022 are Australia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the host, India. The tournament is being organized to mark the World Disability Day celebrations.