International Day for Tolerance
- November 16 is observed as the International Day of Tolerance to create public awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
- As an UN-declared day, the International Day for Tolerance aims to strengthen tolerance among people and cultures by fostering mutual understanding.
- In 1995, the UN General Assembly (UNGA) declared the United Nations Year for Tolerance.
- In 1996, the UN declared November 16 as the International Day for Tolerance.
National Press Day 2022
- National Press Day is observed on November 16 every year to acknowledge and honour the Press Council of India (PCI).
- The day marks the presence of an independent and responsible press in the country.
- The Press Council of India also examines the quality of reportage of the Indian press and keeps a check on journalistic activities.
International Film Festival of India (IFFI)
- The 53rd edition of the International Film Festival of India, IFFI, will be hosted in Goa from November 20 to 28, 2022, In the event there are 280 films from 79 countries will be screened.
- In that festival, Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 will be given to Spanish film director and writer Carlos Saura.
PRCI Excellence Awards 2022
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) bagged the Champion of Champions Award, sweeping the 16th PRCI Global Communication Conclave 2022, to bring home fourteen Corporate Communication Excellence Awards.
- The awards were presented at the Global Communication Conclave organised by Public Relations Council of India (PRCI) in Kolkata.
India Hosts Lead IT Summit with Sweden at COP27 in Egypt
- India and Sweden hosted the LeadIT Summit, on the sidelines of COP27 at Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt.
- The Leadership for Industry Transition- LeadIT initiative focuses on the low carbon transition of the hard-to-abate industrial sector.
Coastal Defense Exercise Sea Vigil-22
- A two-day prolonged 3rd edition of the coastal defence exercise ‘Sea Vigil 2022’ began along the Paradip coast in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur district on November 15 -16, 2022.
- It will involve all the Coastal States and Union territories and will be undertaken along the 7516-kilometre coastline and Exclusive Economic Zone of India.
- The Sea Vigil-22 will provide a realistic assessment and analysis of strengths and weaknesses and also strengthen maritime and national security further.
YUDH ABHYAS 2022”
- The 18th edition of the Indo – US joint training exercise “YUDH ABHYAS 22” is scheduled to be conducted in Uttarakhand in November 2022.
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas is conducted annually between India and USA with the aim of exchanging best practices, Tactics, Techniques and Procedures between the Armies of the two nations.
- The previous edition of the exercise was conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA) in October 2021.
Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan’s set a record as Chief Minister of Kerala for the longest time
- The longest-serving Chief Minister of Kerala was Achuthamenan who was Chief Minister for 2,364 consecutive days from October 4, 1970, to March 25, 1977.
- Now this record has been broken by Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Pinarayi Vijayan has got the honour of being the Chief Minister of Kerala for the most days after 2,365 days after the Left Alliance which won under his leadership in 2016 retained the power for the 2nd consecutive term in 2021.
World Cup Football Tournament 2022
- The FIFA World Cup is organized every 4 years by FIFA.
- The 2022 FIFA World Cup football tournament is scheduled to be held in Qatar from November 20 to December 18, 2022.
“In Our Lifetime” Campaign Launched by India at COP 27
- In Our Lifetime campaign, is a great way to encourage youth to become ambassadors of sustainable lifestyle practices and grow into leaders that lead the way in biodiversity conservation and natural resource management.
- The campaign will involve more youth in the conversation about climate change, adaptation and mitigation, and provide them a platform to share their concerns, issues and solutions with the leaders of the world.
- It will amplify the voices of the youth who are increasingly climate-conscious and provide recognition to young climate champions.
G7 Nations Launched Climate ‘Shield’ Fund
Global Shield Fund coordinated by G7’s president Germany and the V20 group of climate-vulnerable countries, aims to rapidly provide pre-arranged insurance and disaster protection funding after events such as floods, droughts and hurricanes hit.