International Rabbit Day 2022
International Rabbit Day is on September 24 this year. Today we think of how rabbits have been a source of joy in our lives, be it as pets or friends of the meadow. Today has been set aside as a day we can consider ways to make their lives more comfortable by creating happy, healthy environments for them to live.
Nirmala Sitharaman to launch e-learning platform Bharat Vidya
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman will launch the Bharat Vidya, which is an online learning platform for Oriental and South Asian Studies. The Bharat Vidya is designed and developed by the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute (BORI).
M Venkaiah Naidu released a book on PM Modi’s selected speeches
Former Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu released a collection of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s selected speeches at Akashvani Bhawan in New Delhi. The book titled “Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas Sabka Vishwas”.
About the Book
- The book has 86 speeches of Prime Minister Modi from May 2019 to May 2020 covering various subjects. It is divided into ten thematic areas.
- The sections include – Aatmanirbhar Bharat: Economy, People-First Governance, Fight Against Covid-19, Emerging India: Foreign Affairs, Jai Kisan, Tech India-New India, Green India-Resilient India-Clean India, Fit India-Efficient India, Eternal India-Modern India: Cultural Heritage, and Mann ki Baat.
- The e-book version was also released during the ceremony.
- The book will be available in Hindi and English languages and can be availed at the sales outlets of the Publications Division all across the country and the Book Gallery at Soochna Bhawan, CGO Complex, New Delhi.
UNSC reforms: Intergovernmental Negotiation constrained by lack of transparency: G4 nations
The G4 grouping comprising India, Japan, Germany and Brazil expressed their concern over the lack of any “meaningful” forward movement on long-pending reform of the UN Security Council (UNSC) and demanded “urgency” on the issue (Read more).
Lok Manthan programme inaugurated by VP Jagdeep Dhankhar
Vice President of India, Jagdeep Dhankhar will inaugurate the third edition of the Lok Manthan program at the Srimanta Sankardeva Kalakshetra in Guwahati. The event will be facilitated by the Chief Minister of Assam Himanta Biswa Sharma.
This year’s theme for the Lok Manthan is Lokparampara (Lok Traditions) which will emphasize that the Lok Traditions have kept our culture and heritage alive and intact, and has strengthened our feelings toward National Selfhood.
TerraPay partnered with NPCI to enable cross-border transactions via UP
TerraPay, a Dutch payments infrastructure company has joined forces with India’s NPCI International Payments (NIPL) to facilitate cross-border transactions for Indian consumers and merchants. Indian consumers and merchants who have an active Unified Payments Interface Id (UPI Id) will be able to transfer money abroad. This service will utilize TerraPay’s infrastructure and the UPI network.
- The UPI-enabled QR code-based service will allow Indian customers with active UPI IDs to make transactions through 350 million bank accounts across the globe.
- The firms seek to expand the use of UPI payments and QR for international transactions by merchants.
- The customer-initiative UPI payments and QR transactions require two-factor authentication.
- The two-factor authentication is capable of minimizing disputes and issues related to grievance redressal.
- TerraPay also expects to create interoperability among different financial instruments it drives as well as offer digital payments.
- UPI is real-time payments (RTP) system developed by the National Payments Corporation of India.
Adani & family top IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List
Gautam Adani and their family have topped with an estimated wealth of Rs. 10,94,400 crore. His daily wealth creation was estimated at Rs. 1,612 crores which showed 116 per cent growth as compared with the 2021 list.
Mukesh Ambani and their family have been named as the 2nd richest in India with an estimated wealth of Rs. 7,94,700 crore and a growth of 11 per cent compared with the 2021 list. His daily wealth creation velocity is Rs. 210 crores.
ICC announced “Oval and Lord’s” to host the World Test Championship finals
The International Cricket Council has announced that the World Test Championship 2023 Final will be hosted by The Oval in June 2023 while 2025 final will be played at Lord’s.
- The top two teams from the World Test Championship standings will make it to the finals with Australia and South Africa currently leading.
- Australia and South Africa will also clash against each other in a three-match series in the current cycle in December-January, which could have a big bearing on the final points table.
- Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan round up the top five in the rankings.
- While the venues have been announced, the dates for both the 2023 and 2025 ICC World Test Championship Finals have not been confirmed yet.
REC Ltd becomes the 12th company to get‘ Maharatna’ company status
Power sector-focussed non-banking finance company (NBFC) REC Ltd. has been accorded the status of a ‘Maharatna’ Central Public Sector Enterprise, thus providing it with greater operational and financial autonomy. The granting of ‘Maharatna’ status will impart enhanced powers to the company’s board while taking financial decisions. REC Ltd. is the 12th company to be given the Maharatna Status.
Indian author & poet Meena Kandasamy won the German PEN award
Indian author and poet Meena Kandasamy has been announced as this year’s recipient of the Hermann Kesten Prize by the PEN Centre in Germany’s Darmstadt. The Hermann Kesten Prize honours personalities who, in the spirit of the charter of the PEN association, stand up for the rights of persecuted authors and journalists.
Palm oil Alliance was formed by 5 South Asian Countries
Edible oil trade associations from five palm oil importing countries in South Asia – India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal, announced the setting up of the Asian Palm Oil Alliance (APOA). The idea is to gain collecting bargaining power and make imports sustainable.
Nation Observes Antyodaya Divas 2022
Antyodaya Diwas is celebrated annually on 25th September in India. It marks the birth anniversary of Indian leader Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya and is celebrated in his honour to remember his life and legacy. He was one of the most prominent personalities in the history of Indian politics. This year, the Antyodaya Diwas marks the 105th birth anniversary of Upadhyaya. He was the co-founder of Bharatiya Jana Sangh (BJS) and a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) thinker.