International Day of Peaceful Communication
International Day of Peaceful Communication is observed all across the world on October 7 each year. The day aims to encourage individuals and governments to solve conflict without resorting to any kind of aggression.
On this day, people across the globe focus on communicating in a way that promotes peaceful dialogue as well as peaceful outcomes.
India emerges as largest producer of sugar in world
India has emerged as the largest producer and consumer of sugar in the world and the second largest exporter.
During the sugar season in India, over 5,000 lakh metric tons (LMT) of sugarcane was produced out of which about 3,574 LMT was crushed by Sugar Mills to produce about 349 LMT of Sugar.
35 LMT of Sugar is diverted to ethanol production and 359 LMT of sugar was produced in sugar mills.
- During this season all records of sugarcane production, sugar production, sugar export, came to produce, cane dues paid and ethanol production were made.
- In 2020-21, India made records with the highest exports of about 109.8 LMT with no financial assistance.
- The sugar exports from India earned foreign currency of about Rs 40,000 crore for the country.
- This achievement of the sugar industry was possible with the help of the Central and State Governments, Farmers, Sugar Mills, etc.
- During the Sugar season, Sugar mills produced sugarcane worth more than Rs 1.18 lakh crore and released a payment of more than Rs 1.12 crore with no financial assistance.
Nobel Peace Prize 2022
Human rights campaigners in Ukraine, Russia and Belarus awarded.Ales Bialiatski, a human rights defender from Belarus who is now incarcerated, Memorial, a Russian human rights organisation, and Center for Civil Liberties, a Ukrainian human rights organisation, have all been jointly given this year’s Nobel Peace Prize 2022. The Russian human rights organisation Memorial is one of the two organisations to receive this year’s Nobel Peace Prize.
- Volodymyr Yavorskyi, a spokesman for the Center for Civil Liberties, said the honour was significant for the group since for a long time they operated in an unnoticed nation.
- In order to ensure that the victims of communist repression would be remembered, Memorial was established in the Soviet Union in 1987.
- It has kept tabs on the whereabouts of political prisoners in Russia and compiled data on the country’s violations of human rights.
- Ales Bialiatski, a seasoned rights advocate in totalitarian Belarus and the sole recipient of this year’s Nobel Peace Prize, is the subject of a helpful feature by AFP.
RBI Launches DAKSH- Reserve Bank’s Advanced Supervisory Monitoring System
The Reserve Bank Governor Shaktikanta Das launched a new ‘SupTech’ initiative DAKSH – the bank’s Advanced Supervisory Monitoring System, which is expected to make the supervisory processes more robust.
India’s first Green Technology incubation facility opened at NIT Srinagar
- India’s first Green Technology incubation facility: At the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Srinagar, a technology company incubator centred on green technology (Green Technology incubation facility) called the “Greenovator Incubation Foundation” will soon open.
- The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is supporting a three-year initiative known as Inclusive TBI (i-TBI) for educational institutions, idea generators, innovators, and entrepreneurs to support innovative ideas, startup initiatives, and promote self-employment and job creation through incubation.
RBI introduces Internal Ombudsman Mechanism for Credit Information Companies
To enhance the effectiveness of its grievance redressal systems, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has urged Credit Information Companies to designate an internal ombudsman (IO) by April 1, 2023.
The Central Bank made the decision in August to include CICs in the scope of the RBI-Integrated Ombudsman Scheme 2021 in order to broaden its appeal.
Brig. B.D. Mishra assumes additional charge as Governor of Meghalaya
New Governor of Meghalaya: At the Raj Bhavan in Shillong, Brigadier (Dr.) B.D. Mishra (Retd. ), the governor of Arunachal Pradesh, assumed the role of governor of Meghalaya.
After previous Governor Satya Pal Malik’s term ended because he did not receive a term extension, he has been handed the extra responsibility.
The SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2022 will be awarded to Yunqing Tang
The SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2022 will be awarded to Yunqing Tang Assistant Professor at the University of California, Berkeley, USA. The Award is instituted by the Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) in 2005.
Sibi George appointed India’s next ambassador to Japan
Senior Diplomat Sibi George was appointed as the next Indian Ambassador to Japan. Sibi George is a 1993-batch Indian Foreign Service Officer. He is currently serving as the ambassador of India to Kuwait.
Sibi George will replace Sanjay Kumar Verma as the representative of India to Japan. The Ministry of External Affairs has informed us that Sibi George will take up the new assignments shorty.
What Is The Gig Economy And The Issue Of Moonlighting
Moonlighting or employees working for remuneration with entities other than their employers has been a hot topic in recent months.
During the pandemic, those with desk jobs had more time on their hands and thus it was easier to take on a few projects outside of work.