New Year’s Eve
According to the Gregorian calendar, New Year’s Eve is celebrated on 31st December as the last day of the year. People gather together to celebrate the evening by dancing, eating, singing, etc. and welcome New Year.
World Peace Meditation Day
- World Peace Meditation Day is celebrated every year on December 31. The aim of World Peace Meditation Day is to establish world peace and prevent war and violence.
- World Peace Meditation Day also promotes diversity and peace through meditation and collaboration with people of different religions.
The National Health Authority (NHA) has released the beta version of the Hospital Management Information System (HMIS).
- The beta version of HMIS is light i.e. small in size, robust and Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission-compliant.
- It envisions providing a digital platform for healthcare providers.
- This system particularly focuses on private clinics and small health facilities, this beta version will enable doctors to generate and fetch Ayushman Bharat Health Accounts for patients, and it will also facilitate e-prescription services.
India’s first metro rail tunnel was built in the Hooghly River
- As part of Kolkata’s East-West Metro Rail project, the Hooghly River metro rail tunnel is being constructed for the first time in the country.
- This tunnel has been constructed using modern technology so that river water does not enter the tunnel.
- The Kolkata Tunnel is located 13 meters below the river bed and 33 meters below the surface.
India and Cyprus sign agreement on defence and military cooperation
- India and Cyprus have signed a number of agreements in various areas including on Defense and Military Cooperation between the two countries.
- A Letter of Intent on Migration and Mobility Partnership was also signed to provide a common framework of arrangement and cooperation to facilitate the mobility of students, academics, business people and professionals.
Union Minister inaugurates Goa’s new Zuari Bridge
- Goa’s new Zuari Bridge is an important link between North and South Goa and it was inaugurated by Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on 29th December 2022.
- The bridge is 13.20 kilometres and costs 2530 Crores across the Zuari River from Bambolim to Verna will have significant benefits for transport from North Goa to South Goa.
A project to install transponders in fishing barges has been initiated in Tamil Nadu
- In Tamil Nadu, the Animal Husbandry, Dairy, Fisheries and Fishermen Welfare Department has implemented a project to install transponders in 4997 fishing boats in Tamil Nadu at a cost of Rs.18.01 crore under the Neelapuratsi project to exchange information among fishermen in times of emergency and it was inaugurated by Chief Minister M.K.Stalin.
- Transponders are installed on fishing boats to enable them to send emergency messages from the deep sea to the owner of the boat and the Central Control Room of the Fisheries Department when fishing boats are in danger of storms, cyclones and heavy rains.
In Tamil Nadu Municipal Transport Corporation buses have introduced a facility to press the emergency button to lodge a complaint
- For the safety purpose of women travelling in buses, around 1,200 city buses operating in Chennai, going to have introduced the facility to press the emergency button to complain if men sexually harass them.
- Also by pressing this emergency button it is informed that the person will be investigated and immediate action will be taken.
Union Minister inaugurated Mega Dairy in Karnataka
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated a mega-dairy built at a cost of Rs 260 crore in the Mandya district of Karnataka on 30 December 2022.
- This mega dairy would process 10 lakh litres of milk per day and will have the capacity to increase it up to 14 lakh litres per day.
Forest Force Modernization Project to be launched in Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu government has planned to implement the Forest Force Modernization Project at a cost of 52.83 crore rupees.
- This project is to be implemented in three years from 2022 to 2025.
- The project is being implemented to improve the communication technology of the forest department, improve the wildlife monitoring activities, create an artificial intelligence centre, set up a ‘cyber cell’ in the forest crime control centre, to upgrade the forest department with modern weapons, to advise on the modern weapons requirements for wildlife protection, to set up an expert team and to modernize the forest force.
A botanical garden will be set up in the Chengalpattu district in Tamilnadu
- The Government of Tamil Nadu in collaboration with the Royal Botanic Gardens, London, Que., is planning to set up a botanical garden in the Chengalpattu district at a cost of Rs 300 crores.
- The Government of Tamil Nadu issued an order on Wednesday 28th December 2022 for setting up a botanical garden on an area of 137.65 hectares in Kadambur Village, Chengalpattu Circle, Chengalpattu District.
- Also, it has been informed that the scheme will be implemented in 5 years (2022-2027).
- In this project,
- Garden of native species,
- Arboretums and Bambusetums,
- Saplings and Healing Garden,
- Herb garden,
- Rose Garden,
- Japanese garden.