National Consumer Rights Day
- National Consumer Rights Day is observed on 24 December annually with a particular theme across the country.
- The Consumer Protection Act, of 1986 received the assent of the president on this day.
- No doubt it is considered a historic milestone in the consumer movement in the country.
- This day also provides awareness about consumer rights and responsibilities.
Nepal elected member of UN’s Peacebuilding Commission
- Nepal has been elected a member of the Peacebuilding Commission (PBC) at the 56th plenary meeting of the United Nations General Assembly for the tenure of two years.
- The membership will be effective from 1st January 2023.
- This offers Nepal an opportunity to enhance the country’s visibility in the world arena as a peace builder and peace contributor.
UP’s Sania Mirza will be the country’s first Muslim woman to become a fighter pilot
- Sania Mirza has been selected to become a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force and would be the country’s first Muslim girl and the state’s first IAF pilot.
- Sania Mirza is a resident of Jasovar village under the Mirzapur Dehat Kotwali police station area.
- She secured this position by passing the NDA exam.
The world’s tallest statue of Lord Krishna will be erected at Dwarka
- The Gujarat government has announced that as part of the ‘Devabhoomi Dwarka Corridor’ project, the world’s tallest statue of Lord Krishna will be erected in Dwarka city.
- The first phase of the project is expected to start in September 2023.
- As the first phase of this project, it is planned to set up a gallery so that people can see the evidence of the ancient city of Dwarka.
PM Modi to inaugurate National Yuva Janotsav in Hubballi-Dharwad in Karnataka
- National Yuva Janotsav will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Hubballi-Dharwad on January 12th, 2023.
- And it will be the 26th National Yuva Janotsava and a Committee headed by Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai is supervising the arrangements for the event.
- The Sports and Youth Empowerment minister of Karnataka Dr Narayanagowda said that the national-level event will be held from January 12th to 16th, 2023.
‘Dance to Decarbonise’ event held at New Delhi
- The Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry is organizing a day-long one of its kind musical event Dance to Decarbonise’, the event will be held on December 23, 2022.
- The Ministry has informed that the renewable energy generated through dance will be used to charge electric vehicles.
- The concept of kinetic dance floors has been generating well over 35 watts of sustained output.
- Electricity is generated by simply jumping or dancing on the floor.
Neyveli NLC Hospital has a modern cardiology centre
- NLC Chairman and Managing Director Rakesh Kumar inaugurated a modern cardiology centre at Neyveli NLC Hospital, Tamil Nadu.
- Angiograms, Emergency and Peripheral Angioplasty, Pacemaker Implantation and other tests and treatments for any type of cardiac disease will be done at this centre for patients referred by NLC Hospital and partners.
Srinagar recorded the coldest temperature of -5.5°C
- Chilla-i-Kalan’, the 40-day harshest winter period, has made its presence felt in the Kashmir valley with Srinagar recording its coldest night this winter, even as water supply lines and interiors of the Dal Lake froze due to the cold conditions.
- The minimum temperature in Srinagar recorded on Wednesday (22 December 2022) night was minus 5.5°C, which is the lowest so far this season.
- The city had recorded minus 4.2°C the previous night.
Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation gets its first woman driver
- Priyanka Sharma has become the first woman to drive a government bus in Uttar Pradesh
- Priyanka Sharma thanks PM Modi and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath for giving opportunities to women drivers.
Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar to give 22 awards on ‘Good Governance Day’
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar will confer seven state-level and 15 district-level Good Governance awards at the state-level programme scheduled to be held on “Good Governance Day”, December 25, in Panchkula.
- The awards include flagship schemes of the state government such as Parivar Pehchan Patra, Mukhyamantri Antyodaya Parivar Utthan Yojana, Chirayu Haryana Yojana, Auto Appeal System (AAS) and many other projects.
Telangana plans to form safety clubs in educational institutions
- The State government which has taken the safety and security of students in educational institutions as paramount importance is planning to form safety clubs in government, government-aided, and private schools, colleges and universities.
- The clubs will focus on six aspects – safety against sexual abuse, substance abuse, cyber safety, hostel safety, transport safety and traffic and road safety.
Sahitya Akademi Tamil interpreter Award
- The Sahitya Akademi Awards 2022 were announced in Delhi, where the Sahitya Akademi Best Tamil interpreter Award went to writer K. Nallathambi.
- Awarded for the Tamil translation of ‘Yad Vashem’ written by Nemichandra in Kannada, Writer and translator K. Nallathambi lives in Bangalore.
- It is noteworthy that he has translated many books from Kannada to Tamil and from Tamil to Kannada.