Lebanon Independence Day
- Lebanese Independence Day, celebrated on November 22, is a holiday spent with family and friends.
- Aside from an official army march in downtown Beirut, Lebanese Independence Day is primarily observed in schools.
- Every year on November 22, the entire country is filled with joy and gaiety as people recall the day Lebanon gained Independence.
Network Readiness Index 2022 report
- India has improved its position by six slots and is now placed at 61st rank as per the Network Readiness Index 2022 (NRI 2022) report released recently.
- This NRI Report maps the network-based readiness landscape of 131 economies based on their performances in four different pillars: Technology, People, Governance, and Impact covering a total of 58 variables.
- The report has been prepared by the Portulans Institute, nonpartisan research and educational institute based in Washington DC.
World heritage week
- The Department of Archives, Archaeology and Museums is celebrating World Heritage week commencing from November 19 to November 25, 2022.
- And is celebrated by UNESCO and several other international organizations, In India, World Heritage Week is celebrated by the Archaeological Survey of India.
Gandhi Mandela Award
- Under the government of India the Gandhi Mandela Foundation is a non-profit organization, formed with the motive to promote Mahatma Gandhi’s and former President of South Africa Nelson Mandela’s values of non-violence.
- It has constituted an international prize called the Gandhi Mandela Award.
- The 14th Dalai Lama was conferred the Gandhi Mandela Award 2022 at Thekchen Choeling in Dharamshala’s McleodGanj by Himachal Pradesh governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar.
National Conference on e-governance
- The 25th National Conference on e-governance will be held in Katra, Jammu & Kashmir from the 26th of November.
- The theme of the two-day Conference is Bringing Citizens, Industry and Government closer.
- National Awards for e-Governance (NAeG) will be presented under 5 categories of the NAeG Scheme – 2022 to 18 e-Governance initiatives at Central, State and District levels, Academic & Research Institutions and Public Sector Undertaking.
- This includes 9 Gold and 9 Silver Awards.
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev of Kazakhstan Re-elected as President
Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has secured a second term in a snap election, winning 81.3 percent of the vote. The Central Asian nation’s Central Election Commission made the announcement citing preliminary data.
Axis Bank Launches Knowledge Summit ‘Evolve’ for MSMEs
Axis Bank has launched the seventh edition of ‘Evolve’ for MSMEs with the theme of ‘Indian SMEs: Shifting Gears for Next Level Growth’. ‘Digitalisation to Building Indian SMEs’ and ‘Export Opportunities for SMEs in the New World Order’ were some of the other key themes at the launch.
India-Australia FTA Ratified By the Australian Parliament
Australia’s Parliament passed bilateral free trade agreements with India and Britain, leaving those partner nations to bring the deals into force. The bills easily passed by the House of Representatives and the Senate made them law.
Highest Installed Grid-interactive Renewable Power Capacity in India
Karnataka came at the top position while comparing the total installed capacity of grid-interactive renewable power of all the states of the country. The state had a total installed capacity of 15,463 megawatts (mw), according to an RBI publication.