World Television Day 2022
- World Television Day is observed on 21 November, every year.
- It is a day that recognizes the value and impact of television in our lives.
- We all know television plays a crucial role in society and in an individual’s life.
- It is our daily source of entertainment and information.
61st Rank for India: Network Readiness Index 2022
- India has moved up by six slots to improve its position and rank 61st as per the Network Readiness Index 2022 (NRI 2022) report prepared by a US-based Portulans Institute, an independent non-profit research and educational institute.
- The NRI 2022 report ranks a total of 131 economies that together account for about 95 per cent of the global Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
Maharashtra Government Doubles Pension of Freedom Fighters
The Maharashtra Government has decided to double the pension of freedom fighters from ten thousand to twenty thousand rupees per month. Accordingly, freedom fighters associated with India’s freedom struggle, Marathwada Mukti Sangram and Goa Liberation Movement will benefit from this decision.
Retired IAS Arun Goel appointed as Election Commissioner of India
- President Droupadi Murmu has appointed retired IAS Arun Goel as the Election Commissioner in the Election Commission with effect from the date he assumes office.
- Mr Goel was the heavy industries secretary and has also served in the Union Culture ministry.
- He was to retire on December 31, 2022, but his voluntary retirement came into effect on November 18.
The First Unani Medicine Regional Center of Northeast was Inaugurated in Silchar, Assam
- The first institute of Unani medicine in the Northeast region of India was inaugurated in Silchar town of Assam.
- The Unani medicine institute in Silchar of Assam was inaugurated by Union Ayush minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
Jal Jeevan Mission
Shahjahanpur has become number one in the country in giving a maximum number of tap connections in a month. Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, Shahjahanpur has created a history by providing tap connections to every household in rural areas.
Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence
- The Global Partnership in Artificial Intelligence was launched on June 15, 2020. It is a multi-stakeholder initiative that was developed by the G7 alliance.
- Its objective is to fill the gap between theory and practice on artificial intelligence by promoting cutting-edge research and related activities.
Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture
- The Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture (KJWA) is a special decision under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) that aims to recognize the unique potential of the agriculture sector in addressing climate change.
- It addresses 6 interrelated topics on soil, nutrient usage, livestock, water, methods for gauging adaptation and socio-economic and food security dimensions of climate change across the agriculture sector.
Govt to Set up 100 Academies to Promote Archery Amongst Tribal Children
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda has said the government has decided to set up 100 archery academies in the country to promote talent amongst tribal children by nurturing their archery skills.
Keel laid the two PCV at Goa Shipyard
- In line with the country’s Make in India commitment to sourcing equipment and systems from indigenous firms including MSMEs, the Indian Cost Guard laid the keel for two Coast Guard Pollution Control Vessels, GSL Yard 1267 & 1268, on 21st November 2022 at the Goa Shipyard.
- The two Pollution Control Vessels are indigenously designed and developed by the Goa Shipyard, to be delivered by February 2025 and August 2025 respectively.
ISRO plans to launch PSLV-C54 Rocket
- The Indian Space Research Organization will launch the PSLV-C54/ EOS-06 mission with Oceansat-3 and eight nanosatellites, including one from Bhutan, on board from Sriharikota spaceport on November 26, 2022.
- “EOS-06 has (Oceansat-3) plus eight nanosatellites (BhutanSat, ‘Anand’ from Pixxel, Thybolt two numbers from Dhruva Space, and Astrocast – four numbers from Spaceflight USA).