Global Dignity Day
- Global Dignity Day is an initiative to educate and inspire young people and help them to understand their self-worth and goals.
- It was established in 2008 and continues to grow in popularity.
- Speakers go into schools and tell pupils about their own lives and experiences with dignity and all that that entails: self-respect, ambition, hard work, and a feeling of accomplishment.
PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022
- The PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 will be launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute in New Delhi.
- More than 13,500 farmers from all around the country and about 1,500 Agri entrepreneurs are expected to attend the two-day event.
- The Prime Minister will officially open 600 Pradan Mantri Kisan Samruddhi Kendras (PMKSK) under the ministry of chemicals and fertilisers.
- PMKSK will provide agri-inputs like fertilisers, seeds, and implements; testing facilities for soil, seeds, and fertilisers; awareness-raising activities for farmers; details on various government programmes; and regular capacity building for retailers at block/district level outlets.
- These activities will meet a wide range of farmer needs.
Union Cabinet Approves MSP Hike for All Mandated Rabi Crops
- The Union Cabinet approved an increase in the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for all Rabi Crops for the Marketing Season 2023-24.
- The highest increase has been cleared for lentils with a hike of 500 rupees per quintal.
- The MSP on wheat has been hiked by 110 rupees and barley by 100 rupees.
- The Commission for Agricultural Costs & Prices (CACP) recommends MSPs for 22 mandated crops and fair and remunerative prices (FRP) for sugarcane.
‘SARANG – The Festival of India in the Republic of Korea’
The 8th edition of the annual flagship cultural program of the Embassy of India, Seoul ‘SARANG– The Festival of India in the Republic of Korea’ will be held from Sept. 30 through Oct. 14, 2022, in offline mode.
Starting in 2015, SARANG has emerged as a prominent Indian cultural festival, introducing India’s colourful and diverse heritage and has, since then, grown in size, scale and popularity, promoting India’s soft power in its truest sense and contributing to its rich civilizational legacy and cultural vibrancy.
22nd World Blockchain Summit Begins in Dubai
World Blockchain Summit in Dubai is taking place on Oct. 17 and 18, 2022 at Atlantis, The Palm. It is one of the most elite gatherings of the global crypto and blockchain ecosystem. The 22nd global edition of the World Blockchain Summit will bring together some of the world’s leading crypto influencers, policymakers, key government delegates, media, family offices, HNIs and other curated investors, among others, to foster the crypto and blockchain community across the globe.
Kati Bihu 2022
- The Kati Bihu is an auspicious festival of Assam which is a harvest festival.
- It is celebrated on 18th October 2022 and the day is marked on the first day of Kati month according to the Assamese Calendar.
- The Kati Bihu generally falls in October every day.
- Kati Bihu is also known as Kongali Bihu which marks the crucial phase in farmers’ lives in Assam.
- It marks the fresh start of the harvest season and the relocation of the rice saplings.
KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme
- For a period of 555 days, the KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme will enjoy an interest rate of 7.20% p.a. Senior citizens will pay an interest rate of 7.60% annually.
- Customers have a great chance to save money and invest it to make more money.
- In order to recognise the great progress made toward the centennial, it offers a higher rate of interest.
- The Karnataka Bank will join the elite group of banks that are now providing the highest rate of interest on term deposits in the banking market by implementing this deposit programme.
World’s Number 1 Basmati Rice Brand
- India Gate, the flagship brand of KRBL, has been recognized as the world’s No. 1 Basmati Rice Brand in a market study conducted by a leading global research company.
- The quantitative study by Mordor Intelligence covers research of the White and Brown Basmati Rice Category across continents like the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
Geographical Indication tag sought for nihonshu from Japan
- This is the first time a product from Japan has filed for a tag at the Geographical Indication Registry in Chennai.
- The Embassy of Japan, New Delhi, has filed an application seeking a Geographical Indication (GI) tag for Nihonshu/Japanese sake, an alcoholic beverage.
1st SemiconIndia Future Design roadshow
- As envisioned by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, it will contribute to the development of a strong semiconductor ecosystem in the nation.
- At the occasion, the minister also unveiled the ISRO-tested and approved NavIC Receiver Chipsets.
- They are prepared for commercial market deployment.
- The government wants to get as many young Indians interested in and involved in the Semicon India trip by bringing the programme to every student and every campus.
Indian Naval Academy to conduct Indian Navy Sailing Championship 2022
Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala to conduct the Indian Navy Sailing Championship 2022 at Marakkar Watermanship Training Centre in Kerala.
The Indian Navy Sailing Championship 2022 is the largest intra-Navy sailing regatta in which nearly one hundred yatchpersons from all three Indian Naval Commands will participate.