International Chef’s Day 2022
- International Chefs Day is observed to honour the culinary masters who have protected the value of food and are passing on the same message to future generations.
- This day celebrates the culinary arts and recognizes the hard work and dedication that chefs put into their craft.
- The theme for this year is “Growing A Healthy Future.”
- The idea behind this theme is to ensure a healthy and sustainable planet for future generations.
World Statistics Day 2022
- World Statistics Day 2022 is celebrated annually on October 20th to recognize the importance of statistics in our daily lives.
- The United Nations Statistical Commission has been at the forefront of advocating for the use of statistics to track progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The theme of Statistics Day, 2022 is “Data for Sustainable Development”.
Mallikarjun Kharge Elected As The New Congress President
Veteran Karnataka leader Mallikarjun Kharge defeated his rival Shashi Tharoor to become the first non-Gandhi Congress president in 24 years, and the first Scheduled Caste chief of the grand old organization in four decades.
Reliance Jio surpasses BSNL
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio became the largest landline service provider in the country for the first time, in August.
- With 7.35 million landline connections as on August 31, Reliance Jio beat state-owned telecom operator and hitherto market leader BSNL’s 7.13 million connections, according to the latest data released by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai).
- Third-placed MTNL provided 2.6 million connections.
United Nations Secretary-General on India’s Visit
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres arrived in Mumbai, India on October 19 on a three-day official visit. This is his first visit to India since he assumed his second term in office in January this year.
Indus Waters Treaty
The World Bank has appointed a “neutral expert” and a chairman of the Court of Arbitration regarding the Kishenganga and Ratle hydroelectric power plants, in view of disagreements and differences between India and Pakistan over the 1960 Indus Water Treaty.
World Osteoporosis Day 2022
World osteoporosis day is a global healthcare event observed every year on 20 October. The day is observed to promote the early diagnosis of osteoporosis, its treatment and preventive tips for strong bones.
LIC Launched New ‘Dhan Varsha’ Plan
- Life Insurance Company (LIC) has launched the ‘LIC Dhan Varsha’ scheme.
- The ‘LIC Dhan Varsha scheme is a non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings life insurance plan which offers a combination of protection and savings.
- LIC Dhan Varsha scheme provides a guaranteed amount on the date of maturity for the surviving life assured.
- The death benefits are payable on the death of the life assured during the policy term after the date of commencement of risk.
- On the life-assured surviving date of maturity of the savings insurance plan, a basic sum assured along with accrued guaranteed additions will be payable.
- The guaranteed additions will occur at the end of each policy year throughout the policy term and shall depend on the option chosen.
Indian Railways Announces the Closure of COFMOW
- COFMOW was barred from floating or opening of tenders with the immediate effect of closure.
- All the sanctioned works against which tender have not been finalised.
- The workers will be transferred to the respective Zonal Railways or Production Unit.
- All non-gazetted posts would be surrendered and the staff released/repatriated/re-deployed somewhere else.
- The infrastructure and buildings of the organization will be handed over to the Railway Board by 30th November 2022.
PM Modi launched Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana-One Nation One Fertiliser.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana, companies must market all subsidized fertilizers under a single brand, ‘Bharat’.
Also Read this Article One Nation One Fertiliser
Asia’s largest Compressed Bio Gas plant
- Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Hardeep Singh Puri has inaugurated Asia’s largest Compressed Bio Gas (CBG) plant in Lehragaga, in Sangrur, Punjab.
- The plant in Sangrur is just the beginning of India’s master plan for a CBG-based rural economy and the government is taking all steps to promote the ecosystem around it.
- The CBG plant at Sangrur is spread across an area of 20 acres. The plant’s present production is about six tonnes per day but soon it will process 300 tonnes of paddy straw per day to produce 33 TPD of compressed biogas using eight digesters of 10,000 cubic meters.
- The CBG plant, are a huge leap in arriving at a win-win situation for farmers and the environment.
- The plant will consume 100,000 tonnes of paddy straw, which will be procured from six to eight satellite locations within a 10km radius of the plant.
One Health Joint Plan of Action
- A sustainable balance and optimization of the health of people, animals, plants, and ecosystems are the goals of the comprehensive, unified approach known as “One Health.”
- It is the main strategy for solving the numerous health issues that our civilization is currently confronting, including ecosystem degradation, problems with the food system, infectious diseases, and antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
Travel Now Pay Later (TNPL) Facility
- AI-driven financial wellness platform, CASHe, announced that it has partnered with the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), to provide a “travel now pay later” (TNPL) payment option on its travel app, IRCTC Rail Connect.
- This will enable travellers of Indian Railways to book their rail tickets instantly and pay for it later in pocket-friendly EMIs, ranging from three to six months.