International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2022
World Ozone Day or the International Day for the preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed on the 16th of September. The day aims to create awareness about the importance and need of the Ozone layer which is the single protection on Earth against UV rays coming out from the sun. The theme is ‘Global Cooperation Protecting Life on Earth.
The UN Environment Programme also aims to bring awareness about the importance of getting rid of the substances that damage the ozone layer. It also calls for taking time-targeted actions to protect Earth’s protective shield.
Andhra Pradesh, Odisha Attract Maximum Industrial Investment In 2022
Andhra Pradesh has ranked one on the list of states in attracting industrial investments in the first seven months of 2022. According to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Andhra Pradesh has generated an investment of Rs 40,361 crore. Andhra Pradesh stood at 45 percent of the total investment that the entire country got from January to July 2022. India got a total investment of Rs 1,71,285 crore by the end of July as per the DPIIT data.
PM Modi In SCO Summit, Will Meet President Xi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived here to attend the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit, which is set to deliberate on regional security challenges, boosting trade and energy supplies among other issues. The SCO is holding its first in-person summit in Samarkand in Uzbekistan after two years. The summit will also see the participation of Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Modi is also expected to hold bilateral meetings on the sidelines of the summit, including with Putin, and Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev among other leaders.
India’s most valuable brand is TCS
Kantar’s BrandZ report: IT services firm Tata Consultancy Services became India’s most valuable brand in 2022, according to a report by market data and analytics firm Kantar, displacing long-time topper HDFC Bank. TCS, with a brand value of $45.5 billion in 2022, is followed by HDFC Bank at $32.7 billion. HDFC Bank has held the No.1 position since the ranking was unveiled in 2014.
ICC Player of the month award for August 2022
Zimbabwe’s all-rounder Sikandar Raza and Australian all-rounder Tahlia McGrath have been declared the winners of the ICC Player of the month award for August 2022 in their respective categories. Raza has become the first Zimbabwe International to receive the honours and has been key for Zimbabwe during the month. Meanwhile, McGrath has also been a pivotal cog in the Australian team’s journey during August.
ICC Men’s Player of the Previous Month
- January 2022: Keegan Petersen (South Africa)
- February 2022: Shreyas Iyer (India)
- March 2022: Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- April 2022: Keshav Maharaj (South Africa)
- May 2022: Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)
- June 2022: Jonny Bairstow (England)
- July 2022: Prabath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka)
ICC Women’s Player of the Previous Month
- January 2022: Heather Knight (England)
- February 2022: Amelia Kerr (New Zealand)
- March 2022: Rachael Haynes (Australia)
- April 2022: Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- May 2022: Tuba Hassan (Pakistan)
- June 2022: Marizanne Kapp (South Africa)
- July 2022: Emma Lamb (England)
India’s First Forest University in Telangana
India is going to have its first Forest University. The Forestry Universities (UoF) Act 2022 was approved by the Telangana Assembly. The University of Forestry (UoF), will be the first of its kind in India. Globally, it will be the third University of Forestry after Russia and China. The Telangana government has decided to expand the Forestry College and Research Institute (FCRI) in Hyderabad. The FCRI will be turned into a full-fledged University.
- The University will also network and partner with similar institutions to create synergies in learning.
- The University will promote action research by providing comprehensive training to farmers.
- The objectives of the University will be to produce quality forestry professionals for conservation and sustainable management of forest resources and to promote research and develop appropriate methods for propagation of plantation crops to meet the demand of industries.
- The University will also work to develop agro-forestry models suitable for various agroecological conditions in addition to traditional forestry operations to reduce pressure on natural forests, and economic upliftment of farming communities.
- Telangana Government has planted 268.83 crore saplings under the flagship program ‘Telangana Ku Haritha Haram”.
Jharkhand becomes the 3rd state to have Food Security Atlas
Jharkhand has become the third state after Bihar and Odisha in eastern India to have Food Security Atlas for its rural areas. Odisha and Bihar had their Atlas launched in 2018. Food Security Atlas of Rural Jharkhand 2022’ launched in Ranchi. Finance Minister of Jharkhand, Dr Rameshwar Oraon assured that the government would make efforts towards giving quota and green cards to the food insecure districts of Jharkhand.