International Day of the Girl Child
- International Day of the Girl Child is observed on October 11 to raise awareness about the importance and potential girls hold as the future of our society.
- The Theme is “Our time is now—our rights, our future”. In 2022, we commemorate the 10th anniversary of the International Day of the Girl (IDG).
- The International Day of the Girl Child focuses attention on the need to address the challenges girls face and to promote girls’ empowerment and the fulfilment of their human rights.
37th National Games: Goa to host Games in October 2023
The Indian Olympic Association has confirmed that Goa will host the 37th edition of the National Games in October next year.
The state government of Goa also conveyed its in-principle approval to IOA to host the National Games in 2023. The Goa delegation may receive the IOA flag at the Closing Ceremony of the 36th National Games on 12th October 2022 in Surat, Gujarat.
36th National Games: Pooja Patel becomes first athlete to win Gold in Yogasana
- 36th National Games, Pooja Patel of Gujarat has become the first athlete to win gold in Yogasana.
- Yogasana is one of the five sports to be played at the National Games this year for the first time.
- This Indian indigenous sport made its debut at the Khelo India University Games earlier this year.
Modi declared Gujarat’s Modhera as first 24×7 solar-powered village
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has declared Modhera village in poll-bound Gujarat as the country’s first 24×7 solar-powered village.
Modhera, which is famous for a centuries-old Sun temple built during the Chalukya, will also be known as a “solar-powered village”.
Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Indian Roads Congress in Lucknow
Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the 81st annual session of the Indian roads Congress in Lucknow.
He was accompanied by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath.
Indian Army celebrated 73rd Raising Day of Territorial Army
- Indian Army celebrated the 73rd Raising Day of Territorial Army on 9th October 2022.
- The Raising Day of the Territorial Army is celebrated to commemorate its raising by the first Governor General Shri C Rajagopalachari on this day in 1949.
- The celebration of the 73rd Raising Day began with a tree plantation at the Bharti Mines in Delhi.
- Ten thousand saplings were planted by the Ecological Task Forces of the Territorial Army.
- Apart from this, all ranks and families volunteered in the Blood Donation camp at 124 Infantry Battalion SIKH in Delhi.
- The Territorial Army has ten Ecological Battalion working for the restoration of the environment in the country by carrying out afforestation in rugged and inhospitable terrain, reviving wetlands, restoring water bodies, and contributing to the Clean Ganga Project.
India and Japan signed an MoU
India and Japan signed an MoU to develop scientific collaboration for Indian Ayurveda.
The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan, and the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The MoU aims to increase academic institutions’ technical capabilities and capacities.
‘Smart Wire Service’ introduced by ICICI Bank introduced
ICICI Bank has introduced Smart Wire service, a novel approach to make SWIFT-based inward remittances easier and faster for its customers.
According to ICICI Bank, the first bank in the nation to introduce such a service, the Smart Wire Service will enable both NRIs and local clients to conduct inward remittance transactions electronically and without the use of paper.
India-US Announce Launch of New Energy Storage Task Force
- India and US announced the launch of a new energy task force to support the large-scale integration of renewable energy needed to support the clean energy transition.
- The announcement will strengthen the India-US partnership in the critical energy sector to new levels.
Haryana Govt and Dubai ink an MoU for Economic Cooperation
- The government of Dubai has sealed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Govt. of Haryana for collaboration in a variety of economic activities for the Haryana Govt.
- Under the terms of the MoU, the Government of Dubai shall identify a suitable entity to assist with identifying the potential areas of collaboration.
- The Govt. of Haryana will work to offer financial incentives and other benefits in relation to any and all investments made by the Government of Dubai in accordance with the Government’s current policies.
- Haryana has become one of India’s most industrialised states and a leader in the automobile, IT/ITeS, electronics, food processing, logistics, and textile industries.
Association of Mutual Funds in India
A Balasubramanian has been re-elected as the chairman of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI), and Radhika Gupta as the vice-chairperson of the industry body.
Jharkhand and West Bengal topped in worst state list in terms of child marriage
- The latest demographic sample survey by the Union Home Ministry, the survey was brought out by the office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The percentage of females who got effectively married before reaching 18 years of age is 1.9 at the national level and varies from 0.0 in Kerala to 5.8 in Jharkhand.
- The survey said that child marriages accounted for 7.3 per cent of marriages in rural areas and three per cent in urban areas in Jharkhand.
- Not only Jharkhand, West Bengal to has enough in its tally as more than half of the women are married before attaining the age of 21 years in the state.