Death anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri
He was the second Prime Minister of Independent India. He popularised the slogan ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisan’ He actively participated in India’s freedom struggle. Due to cardiac arrest, he died on 11 January 1966.
11 January – National Human Trafficking Awareness Day
It is observed on 11 January to spread awareness about the persistent issue of human trafficking.
MP Tourism Board signed MoUs with 8 countries
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board has signed MoUs with chapters of eight countries of the Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO) at the 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas Convention Indore.
- These MoUs were signed with France Metropole Paris, Mauritius, Reunion Island, Martinique, Sri Lanka, GOPIO International, Malaysia, and Mauritius.
India signed MoU with Panama to enhance cooperation in the training of diplomats
- India has signed an MoU with Panama to enhance cooperation in the training of diplomats.
- The official agreement was exchanged in the presence of External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar and Panamanian Foreign Minister Janaina Tewaney, who met on the sidelines of the 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas Convention in Indore.
- The agreement would allow diplomats from both countries to continue benefiting from the exchange of knowledge and experiences in their respective fields of diplomatic academics.
RRR won Best Original Song for Naatu Naatu at Golden Globes
- South Cinema’s film RRR created history at the 80th ‘Golden Globe Awards 2023’ award ceremony.
- SS Rajamouli’s film RRR won Best Original Song for Naatu Naatu, one of the two categories it was nominated in.
- It was also nominated in Best Non-English Language Film which was won by ‘Argentina in 1985.
- RRR has already won other international honours including Best Director for Rajamouli at the New York Film Critics Circle awards.
Vivek Agnihotri’s ‘The KashmirFiles’ was nominated for Oscars 2023
- Vivek Agnihotri’s film ‘The Kashmir Files‘ has been shortlisted for Oscars 2023.
- Actors Anupam Kher, Mithun Chakraborthy, Darshan Kumar, and Pallavi Joshi are also shortlisted for the best actor category.
- Rishabh Shetty’s ‘Kantara’, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Gangubai Kathiawadi’, Paan Nalin’s ‘The Chello Show’ and SS Rajamouli’s ‘RRR’ have also been selected for the Oscars.
- The film had incidentally collected over ₹200 crores at the box office.
India and Japan to hold 1st bilateral air exercise ‘Veer Guardian-2023’
- India and Japan are all set to commence the maiden joint air exercise Veer Guardian 2023.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) and Japan Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) will hold the first bilateral air exercise at Hyakuri Air Base in Japan from 12 January 2023 to 26 January 2023.
- Exercise ‘Veer Guardian 2023’ between the Indian Air Force and the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) will be conducted from January 12 to 26 at the Hyakuri air base and Iruma air base in Japan.
Novak Djokovic won the men’s single Adelaide International 1 title in 2023
- Serbian Tennis Player Novak Djokovic has defeated America’s Sebastian Korda to win the 2023 Adelaide International 1 men’s singles title 2023.
- In the women’s final at Adelaide International 1, Aryna Sabalenka won the women’s singles by defeating Linda Noskova of the Czech Republic. This was her 11th WTA Tour singles title.
Dwaine Pretorius announces retirement from international cricket
- South Africa all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius has announced his retirement from international cricket.
- The all-rounder had made a total of 60 appearances for the Proteas across all formats, with the maximum being in the shorter format.
Virat Kohli equals Sachin Tendulkar’s record of most hundreds
- Former India skipper Virat Kohli has become the batter with the joint most ODI centuries in a country when he scored a hundred against Sri Lanka in the first ODI of the three-match series in Guwahati.
- It was Kohli’s 20th ODI hundred in India, equaling the record held by batting great Sachin Tendulkar.
Dhoni released the autobiography of Prof KK Abdul Gaffar
- Noted Techno-educationalist Professor K.K. Abdul Gaffar’s autobiography ‘Njaan Sakshi’ (me as the witness) has been released by Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- It will provide insight into the journey of Prof. Gaffar and how educators and students have changed over time.
- The first copy of this book was received by Marwan Al Mulla, the CEO of Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
AK Dwivedi’s book ‘Human Anatomy’ released by the Governor of MP
- A Medical book ‘Human Anatomy’ in Hindi by Manav Sharir Rachna Vigyan was released by the Governor of Madhya Pradesh Shri Mangubhai Patel and written by Dr. Ashvini Kumar Dwivedi.
- This book has been published by Madhya Pradesh Hindi Granth Academy.
Jitendra Singh released the theme of National Science Day 2023
- Union Minister of Science and Technology Minister Jitendra Singh has released the Theme of National Science Day 2023 at a function in New Delhi.
- Theme 2023 – Global Science for Global Wellbeing