World Antimicrobial Awareness Week
- World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) runs from 18 to 24 November every year.
- It’s an international initiative to increase awareness of the growing problem of resistance to antibiotics and other antimicrobial medicines.
- The theme of WAAW is “Preventing Antimicrobial Resistance Together.” World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) is a global campaign that is celebrated annually to improve awareness and understanding of AMR and encourage best practices among the public
Wipro the First Indian Company to Set Up European Work Council
IT company Wipro has reached an agreement with employee representatives on setting up a European Works Council, the company said. The creation of Wipro’s EWC is the first to be established by an Indian headquartered company.
Govt of India to Abolish National Anti-profiteering Authority
National Anti-profiteering Authority(NAA) is the anti-profiteering watchdog of GST and it is all set to be subsumed into the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
The India MedTech Expo 2023
- The India MedTech Expo (IMTE), the first-ever Expo of the Indian Medtech Industry by the Government, is rescheduled and now will be held from 17th to 19th January 2023 at Aerocity Grounds, New Delhi.
- The Expo is planned around the theme “Future of Device, Diagnostics & Digital”.
G-20 Presidency handed over to India
- The 17th Summit of the G20 Organization, which brings together developed and developing countries including the USA, China, Russia, and India, started on 14 November 2022 in Bali Island, Indonesia.
- Each year a member country takes over the leadership of the G20.
- Accordingly, India will assume the next presidency, and India will officially assume the presidency of the G20 from December 1, 2023.
- The Union Government has planned to hold its first summit in India on September 9-10 in 2023.
The Tamil Nadu Biodiversity Conservation and Greening Project
- From 2022 onwards the Government of Tamil Nadu is planning to implement the Tamil Nadu Biodiversity Conservation and Green Climate Change Response Project with the help of a Japanese Multinational Cooperative Organization at a cost of 920 crores 56 lakh rupees.
- Also through this project, it is reported that work such as biodiversity conservation, increasing natural resources, prevention of degradation of forest land and wildlife habitats through environmental development projects, and strengthening of administrative structures.
Medical service through Drone
- Delivery startup TechEagle Company has launched the world’s first Drone based vehicle for vaccine delivery of animal care in Arunachal Pradesh.
- TechEagle’s in-house developed Hybrid Drone- Vertiplane X3 delivers medicines 12 times faster than ground transportation.
Camel conservation scheme
- The Rajasthan government has approved an outlay of Rs 2.60 crore for the Camel Conservation Scheme which is aimed at protecting camels.
- Under the scheme, each female camel and calf will be tagged by the veterinary doctor and an identity card will be issued.
- The camel rearer will be given Rs 5,000 while the veterinarian will receive Rs 50 honorarium for each identity card.
- On completion of one year of the camel calf, the rearer will get another instalment of Rs 5,000.
3 NH projects inaugurated by the union minister
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 3 NH projects worth Rs. 1206 Crore in Siliguri on November 17, 2022.
- Development of these projects will lead to industrial & economic growth in West Bengal as well as eastern parts of India with a significant road towards the agricultural sector.
Uttarakhand government shifted the high court place
- The Uttarakhand High Court will be shifted from Nainital to Haldwani.
- Under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami in Dehradun, this decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held on November 16, 2022.
Sandhya Devanathan has been appointed as the head of Meta in the India division
- Meta, the pioneer of Facebook and WhatsApp, has appointed Sandhya Devanathan as its India division head.
- Sandhya will also be involved in the business and revenue growth of the company and will assume the charge from January 1, 2023.
International Convention on Quality Control Circle
- 47th International Convention on Quality Control Circle (ICQCC-2022).
- The convention is being held from 15th-18th November in Jakarta.
- The theme for ICQCC-2022 was “Built Back Better through Quality Efforts”.
- In that event NTPC’s QC Team presented for “Frequent Choking of Collecting tanks of AHP-IV”. and team Unchahar ABHYUDAYA has won the “GOLD” award.
6 Women Officers Clear Defence Services Staff College Examination
- Every year, 1,500-1,600 officers sit in the prestigious exam, however, only around 300 get selected.
- The Indian Army– National Defence College, High Command, and Higher Defence Management- which are all nominated, selection to the Defence Services Staff College (DSSC) is based on a competitive examination.
- The other courses such as the Higher Command, Higher Defence Management, and National Defence College are based on nominations.
Bengaluru Tech Summit 2022 inaugurated by PM Modi
- The inaugural function will also be attended by Naveen Tewari, Founder-CEO, of Inmobi, India’s first unicorn.
- Bengaluru Tech Summit 22, which has attracted more than 575 exhibitors, will witness at least 9 MoUs being signed and the launch of more than 20 products.
- For the first time, startups belonging to 16 states of the country are also participating in the Bengaluru Tech Summit 22.
- Over 350 experts of international repute will talk about the recent technological developments during the conference themed “Tech4NextGen”.
GeoSmart India 2022 Summit Inaugurated in Hyderabad
- Geospatial information has emerged as a key tool for development in the country.
- The country is advancing towards an era of sustainable development right from the grassroots level and aimed at eradicating poverty, combating climate change, and improving business and living standards.
- The government released the guidelines for geospatial data paving way for its usage across various sectors of the economy.
- The need for water, especially clean water, is at an all-time high, the country is facing a severe water crisis that is becoming a critical issue and the Government has taken numerous steps to address the issue.
Uttarakhand High Court to be shifted to Haldwani from Nainital
- The Uttarakhand High Court will be shifted from Nainital to Haldwani.
- This decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami in Dehradun.
- Uttarakhand cabinet has also decided to make strict amendments in the conversion law, wherein forced conversion will now be a cognizable offence.
International Gita Mahotsav to be organized at Haryana
- Gita Mahotsav is an event centered around the Bhagavad Gita, celebrated on the Shukla Ekadashi, the 11th day of the waxing moon of the Margashirsha (Agrahayan) month of the Hindu calendar.
- It is believed the Bhagavad Gita was revealed to Arjuna by Krishna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra Narrated by Sanjaya to King Dhritarashtra as it transpired between Krishna and Arjuna.
- Sanjaya, the scribe of the blind King Dhritarashtra, was blessed by his guru, Ved Vyasa, with the power to remotely view the events taking place on the battlefield as they transpired.
Gianni Infantino set to get the third term as FIFA president
- Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) president Gianni Infantino is getting four more years in charge of football’s governing body after no candidate stepped up to challenge him.
- Infantino won a five-candidate race in 2016 to replace Sepp Blatter, and was re-elected unopposed in 2019.
- He’s now set to stay in the job beyond the 2026 World Cup in the United States, Canada and Mexico.