World Science Day for Peace and Development
- World Science Day for Peace and Development was proclaimed by the UN Educational, Scientific and UNESCO in 2001 under the UNESCO 31 C/Resolution 20.
- It is celebrated every year on November 10, around the globe, marking the significance of science in society.
- This year’s theme is “Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development”.
State of Food and Agriculture Report 2022 Published by FAO
- The report assessed various drivers of agricultural automation, including the recently developed digital technologies.
- Based on 27 case studies, the report analyzed the business case for the adoption of these digital automation technologies across various agricultural production systems in the world.
- It identified various challenges that are preventing the inclusive adoption of these technologies, especially by small-scale producers.
- It recognized two major barriers to their adoption – low digital literacy and lack of supportive infrastructure like connectivity and access to electricity.
- The report recommended policies that will enable disadvantaged groups to access agricultural automation technologies, which will help in the creation of sustainable and resilient agri-food systems.
- Agricultural sector in high-income countries in North America, Europe and Oceania are highly mechanized since the 1960s. However, regions dominated by low and middle-income countries are less mechanized.
India Will Become Third-Largest Economy By 2027
India is on track to become the world’s third largest economy by 2027, surpassing Japan and Germany, and have the third largest stock market by 2030, thanks to global trends and key investments the country has made in technology and energy, says Morgan Stanley.
42nd International Congress of the INCA Inaugurated in Dehradun
- Uttarakhand Governor Lt Gen Gurmit Singh (Retd.) inaugurated the 42nd International Congress of the Indian National Cartographic Association (INCA) in Dehradun.
- The 42nd International Congress is being organized by the National Hydrographic Office from 9th November to 11th November 2022 at Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- The theme is Digital Cartography to Harness Blue Economy.
PM Gati Shakti Multimodal Waterways Summit to be held in Varanasi
- PM Gati Shakti Multimodal Waterways Summit is a transformative approach for improving logistics efficiency and reducing logistics costs to ensure first and last-mile connectivity.
- The Ministry has identified 101 projects estimated to cost around 62 thousand crore rupees under Gati Shakti which are aimed to be completed by 2024.
- PM Gati Shakti was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and aims to provide Multimodal connectivity Infrastructure to various special economic zones and enhance logistical efficiency.
18th International Telemedicine Conference ‘TELEMEDICON 2022’ to be held in Kerala
Telemedicine Society of India (TSI) and Kerala Chapter hosts the 18th Edition of the International Telemedicine Conference at Amrita Hospital, Kochi.
- The core theme of the Telemedicon 2022 is ‘Strengthening Health Systems Through Sustainable Telemedicine and Digital Health’.
- It aims to build platforms involving healthcare regulators, health funding authorities, service providers, and international experts.
- The highlights of the event are scientific sessions on topics like Space Telemedicine Programs, Telehealth tourism, and AI-based Telehealth systems.
- The event will also hold sessions to discuss legal practices of Telemedicine led by Justice Devan Ramachandran.
Uttar Pradesh to host 2023 Khelo India University Games
- Khelo India National University Games, 4,500 athletes will participate representing 150 universities across the country.
- There will be 20 disciplines including basketball, judo, kabaddi, wrestling, swimming, boxing, rowing, etc.
- Uttar Pradesh has got the opportunity to host the National University Games for the first time after Odisha and Karnataka.
- Disciplines like kabaddi, judo, archery, and fencing will be organized in Noida and rowing will be organized in Gorakhpur.
- In Varanasi, events like wrestling, malkham, and Yoga will be organized. The rest of the events will be organized in Lucknow.
- In the National University Games athletes below the age of 26 will participate.
- The Khelo India National University Games will focus more on women’s games.
India Joins Mangrove Alliance for Climate (MAC) at COP27
- The Mangrove Alliance for Climate (MAC) is an intergovernmental alliance that seeks to expand and hasten the progress towards the conservation and restoration of mangrove ecosystems.
- Its members include the UAE, Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Japan, and Spain.
- India is among the first five countries to join the MAC, at the 27th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP27) at Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt.
- The others are Australia, Japan, Spain, and Sri Lanka.
A list of Top 200 Asian Universities was released
- QS is one of the international ranking institutes (Quaquarelli Symonds) organization has released the top 200 ranking list of Asian universities for the year 2023.
- 19 universities of India are included in this list. In this I.I.T.Mumbai ranked 40th place. Delhi I.I.T. in 46th place and IISC Bangalore ranked 52nd position and IIT Chennai ranked 53rd place.
Asia’s Most Powerful Women List was published
- Forbes organization has listed the names of 20 Asian Powerful women business leaders who faced the crisis and put their businesses on the path of growth when business activities were paralyzed due to the Corona lockdown.
- 3 Indian women are included in this list namely Soma Mandal, Chairman of Steel Authority of India, Namitha Thapar, Managing Director of MQur Pharma, and Ghajal Alak, Co-Founder of Honasa Consumer.
15th Century inscription found at Paramakudi in Tamil Nadu
- An ancient inscription has been found at Geezakodumalur near Paramakudi in the Ramanathapuram district.
- This inscription is also known to belong to the 15th-century Vijayanagara Empire period.