Indian Air Force celebrates its raising day
- Indian Air Force was raised on October 8, 1932, and it is completing 90 years today.
- The day and its observance is a matter of pride for Indians and inspire a patriotic zeal among the citizenry for the air arm of the Indian Armed Forces.
- The President of India is the Commander-in-chief of the IAF.
- President Draupadi Murmu and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will be present on this occasion.
- Indian Air Force was officially established on 8 October 1932 by the British Empire as the Royal Indian Air Force.
- The name was changed to Indian Air Force in 1950.
- This time 75 aircrafts will participate in the flypast, while 9 aircrafts will be kept on standby mode.
- The light combat helicopter LCH which were recently inducted in the IAF will also showcase its air capabilities in the sky at Sukhna lake.
- Tejas, Sukhoi, MIG -29, Jaguar, Rafale, and Hawk will also be part of fly past. (Read more..)
World Migratory Bird Day 2022
World Migratory Bird Day has been commemorated twice a year. It is supposed to be celebrated on the second Saturday of May and the second Saturday of October.
The purpose of World Migratory Bird Day is to increase public awareness on the issues migrating birds encounter, their ecological importance, and the need for global cooperation to safeguard them.
They migrate in search of food. Twice a year, these birds spend the winter in warmer regions before coming home to reproduce.
J&K Tourism department inaugurates Bird Festival at Pahalgam
Jammu and Kashmir have inaugurated Bird Festival 2022 in Pahalgam in South Kashmir. It is a first-of-its-kind bird festival in the Union Territory.
- The Bird Festival will be beneficial for tourism and the local economy of Jammy and Kashmir.
- Secretary Tourism J&K, Sarmad Hafeez inaugurated the festival.
- The department of tourism with the Sanctuary Foundation will help to promote tourism.
- The inaugural ceremony of the six-day Bird Festival was attended by a large number of nature enthusiasts and bird lovers from across the country.
- 1200 species of birds are found all over India, out of which Kashmir has about 600 species.
- Bird Tourism is a new concept in India and Kashmir being a paradise of nature, has much more potential than any other state in India.
Mohit Bhatia named CEO of Bank of India Mutual Funds
The appointment of Mohit Bhatia as CEO of Bank of India Investment Managers Private Ltd (Bank of India Mutual Funds) has been made public.
In the fields of sales and distribution, team development, marketing & branding, and the creation of digital eco-systems, Bhatia has more than 26 years of professional expertise.
Govt Pushes IDBI Bank Disinvestment Process
After facing challenges in the plan to privatise IDBI Bank, the government has asked the Reserve Bank of India to consider tweaking the promoter criteria that may bring a wider pool of bidders for public sector banks. There are currently 12 public sector banks.
India-New Zealand Navies sign pact on White Shipping Information Exchange
- The Royal New Zealand navy and the Indian navy have signed a contract on the exchange of White Shipping Information Exchange.
- Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral R. Hari Kumar and New Zealand Navy Chief Rear Admiral David Proctor signed the contract.
- In order to encourage more openness in the Maritime Domain, the agreement was signed.
Jaishankar launches book “[email protected]: Dreams Meet Delivery”
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar participated in the New Zealand launch of the Book “[email protected]: Dreams Meet Delivery”. Jaishankar has authored one of the chapters of the book [email protected]: Dreams Meet Delivery which was launched on 11th May 2022.
He also participated in the Kiwi Indian Hall of Fame Awards 2022.
5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance to be held in New Delhi
The curtain raiser for the 5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance and associated side activities. According to the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, India currently holds the position of President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Assembly.
- This gathering will feature ministers, missions, and delegations from 109 Member and Signatory Countries. R.K. Singh, Union Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy, will preside over the assembly.
- Singh stated in his speech that India is undergoing the world’s fastest energy transition.
- The International Solar Alliance is very necessary to achieve the energy transition objective for our planet.
- As the cheapest form of energy, solar and mini-grids, according to the Minister, are the solution to ensuring that everyone in the globe has access to electricity.
- In addition, the Minister stated in his speech that International Solar Alliance (ISA) is a crucial tool for fulfilling international commitments on the energy transition.
- Every Member Country is represented in the 5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA), which is the highest decision-making body of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
- This group decides how the ISA’s Framework Agreement will be put into practise and what coordinated efforts will be needed to accomplish the goal. Annually, the Assembly convenes at the International Solar Alliance (ISA)‘s headquarters at the ministerial level.
- It evaluates the overall impact of the programmes and other actions on the deployment of solar energy, as well as on performance, dependability, cost, and financial scope.
Jaishankar participates in Kiwi Indian Hall of Fame awards
- Jaishankar was given a traditional Maori welcome to the Kiwi Indian Hall of Fame Awards.
- The Kiwi Indian Hall of Fame Awards was held in Auckland, New Zealand.
- He praised the contribution of his fellow members, Lata Mangeshkar, Home Minister Amit Shah, Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekani, Executive Vice Chairperson, Apollo Hospitals Group Shobana Kamineni, CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank Uday Kotak, author Sudha Murty, Chairman & CEO India Inc. Group Prof Manoj Ladwa, Bharat Barai, Anupam P Kher, and Author-Director Amish Tripathi.
- Jaishankar also praised the respect both countries display for each other’s culture and tradition.
- He also met New Zealand’s Leader of Opposition Christopher Luxon.
Mallakhamb competitions begin at National Games
Mallakhamb is an Indian indigenous sport that is a part of the 36th National Games. Mallakhamb is the display of aerial yoga and wrestling grips with vertical stationary or hanging wooden poles performed by gymnasts.
- Maharashtra won gold in the women’s diving 1-meter springboard event in the National Games 2022.
- In women’s hockey Haryana qualified for the semi-finals by defeating Karnataka by 6-0.
- Olympian Shrihari Nataraj of Karnataka set a new national record in Swimming in the 100-meter backstroke event.
- Nina Venkatesh made a new record by clocking 28.38 seconds in 50 meters women’s butterfly event.
HDFC Life launches Insure India Campaign
HDFC Life Insurance has launched the ‘Insure India’ campaign which aims to educate Indian on the benefits of life insurance as a product category.
- Insure India campaign is the latest addition to the series of awareness programs initiated by HDFC.
- The objective of the campaign is to educate Indians about life insurance and to motivate them to secure their future.
- HDFC Life believes that Insure India will play an important role in enabling individuals to take their first step toward financial freedom.
- The company will host chat shows, hold on-ground activities, websites, etc.
- These interactive activities will engage the consumers both directly and indirectly with the wide network of distribution.
- Insure India aims to reach out to more individuals in various sections of society.
- HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd, India’s leading housing finance institution.
YES Bank MD and CEO Prashant Kumar
Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Prashant Kumar as the MD & CEO of Yes Bank for a period of 3 years.