International Anti-Corruption Day
International Anti-Corruption Day is observed on 9 December every year to highlight how corruption affects health, education, justice, democracy, prosperity, and development.
Veena Nair won Prime Minister’s prize in Australia
- Indian-origin teacher in Australia has received the 2022 Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in secondary schools.
- Melbourne-based Veena Nair, who is ViewBank College’s Head of Technology and STEAM project leader, has been awarded for demonstrating the practical application of STEAM to students, and how they can use their skills to make a real impact in the world.
ISRO and Social Alpha Sign MoU
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with incubator and accelerator Social Alpha, to launch the SpaceTech Innovation Network (SpIN), focused on innovation curation and venture development for the space domain.
9th World Ayurveda Congress and Arogya Expo 2022 Inaugurated in Goa
- The World Ayurveda Congress & Arogya Expo 2022 will be held in Goa from 8-11 December with the objective to provide a global platform to stakeholders
- including industry leaders, practitioners, traditional healers, educationists, students, medicine manufacturers, etc. for networking and engaging in intellectual exchange to strengthen the Ayurveda sector, envision its future, and facilitate interaction between professionals and consumers to boost Ayurveda commerce.
Meghna Ahlawat has been elected as the first female president of TTFI
- Meghna Ahlawat was elected president of the Table Tennis Federation of India.
- Meghna Ahlawat has been elected its first female President, eight-time national champion Kamlesh Mehta takes over as the new secretary general of the TTFI and Patel Nagender Reddy has been elected as the Treasurer.
- Ahlawat, who is the wife of Haryana deputy chief minister Dushyant Chautala, contested against Gujarat home minister Harsh Sanghvi.
Opening Ceremony of International Year of Millets 2023 Held in Rome
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, organized an opening ceremony for the International Year of Millets – 2023 (IYM2023) in Rome, Italy. An Indian delegation led by Sushri Shobha Karandlaje, Minister of State, Agriculture & Farmers Welfare was present at the opening ceremony.
U.N. Convention on Biological Diversity, COP 15 Commences in Canada
The United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity also called as Conference of Parties (COP-15) commenced in Montreal, Canada on 7 December 2022. The two-weeklong conference (7-19 December 2022) was originally scheduled to be held in Kunming, China in October but was shifted to Montreal, Canada due to covid situation in China.