Dr. BR Ambedkar’s death anniversary
- Dr. BR Ambedkar’s Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021: He died on December 6, 1956.
- This year his 65th death anniversary is observed and is also known as Mahaparinirvan Diwas.
- some inspirational and famous quotes by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- He was the chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee and a leader of the Dalit and minority rights movement in India.
- He also served as the first Law Minister of Independent India.
National Microwave Oven Day
It is observed on 6 December to celebrate and honour the invention that has made the lives easier by making it convenient and faster for them to cook and reheat food.
65th DRI Foundation day
- The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) is celebrating its 65th Founding Day on December 5 and 6, 2022. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will inaugurate the 2-day event.
- DRI is the premier intelligence and enforcement agency on anti-smuggling matters under the aegis of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- The DRI with its headquarters in New Delhi has 12 zonal units, 35 regional units and 15 sub-regional units, with a working strength of about 800 officials.
Global Aviation Safety Ranking
- The International Civil Aviation Organization has released a global aviation safety ranking list.
- According to the list, India is ranked 48th place. Earlier, India was ranked 102nd place in this ranking list.
- And China is in the 49th position after India
- Singapore tops global aviation safety rankings.
- UAE is in 2nd place and South Korea at 3rd place.
5th European Union-India Competition Week 2022
- The European Union-India Competition Week, the 5th edition, was inaugurated at the Competition Commission of India (CCI), New Delhi, The Competition Week is scheduled to be held during 5-7 December 2022.
- 5th India-EU Competition Week provides a platform to share views from two key economies on antitrust action in digital and technology markets and these challenges provide an opportunity to discuss how regulation can supplement competition enforcement, as the EU has set the Digital Markets Act in motion.
6th Vande Bharat train to be inaugurated in Nagpur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the sixth semi-high-speed Vande Bharat train in the country — to be operated on the Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh)-Nagpur (Maharashtra) route — on December 11, 2022, in Nagpur.
- The Ministry of Railways plans to introduce 75 Vande Bharat trains within 2023 august.
First woman Chobdar has appointed Madurai High Court branch in Tamil Nadu
- Lalitha was appointed for the first time as a Chobdar in the Madurai branch high Court.
- As far as the Madurai High Court was concerned, only men held the post of Chobdar who carries the sceptre with the judge, now for the first time a woman has been appointed to this post.
- They wear a white dress and a red turban as their uniform.
India’s first gold ATM in Hyderabad
- Hyderabad-based Goldsikka Pvt Ltd in collaboration with a city-based startup Open cube Technologies Pvt Ltd has set up a gold ATM in Hyderabad’s Begumpet, which is said to be the country’s first real-time yellow metal dispensing machine.
- They plan to launch 3,000 machines all over India within the next two years.
- People use their debit or credit cards to buy gold coins of different denominations ranging from 0.5 grams to 100 grams.
- “The prices are displayed live on the screen making it transparent and clear for the customers and the coins are dispensed in tamper proof packs certified with 999 purity,”
- The Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, joined with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce Industry, under National Technical Textiles Mission (NTTM) organize the Technical Textiles – ‘Technotex 2023’ will be held in Mumbai from 22nd to 24th February 2023.
- This is the largest event of the technical textile industry in India is focused on providing its attendees access and networking opportunities to meet top CEOs, manufacturers, industry peers, purchase managers and suppliers from India and around the globe.
Largest Tea exporting countries in India list to be Published
- Russia and the former Soviet Union are the top importers of tea from India, with 38.06 million kg of tea exported from January to September 2022.
- UAE has moved up to the 2nd position, UAE imported 28.59 million kg of tea from India from January to September 2022. This is an increase of 159 percent compared to the same period in 2021.
New technology for early detection of heart attacks was invented
- The World Health Organization reports that heart attacks are the leading cause of unexpected death worldwide.
- As a result, researchers at the US National Cancer Institute have discovered that artificial intelligence technology (AI) can predict heart attack and stroke risk 10 years in advance with a single X-ray.
Earthshot Prize 2022
- Earth shot prize 2022 was won by 5 winners Indian startup organization, Kheyti, is one of the organizations in Telangana which has won the prize, the prize award is one million pounds ($1.2 million).
- The prize was given for their greenhouse-in-a-box, and the aim of greenhouse-in-a-box is to reduce costs and increase yields which in turn would help protect the livelihoods of these farmers.
- Five members receive this prize award in 2022
- Mukuru Clean Stoves tackles clean air in Kenya
- Kheyti is protecting and restoring nature in India
- The Queensland Indigenous Women Rangers Network is helping revive Australia’s oceans
- Notpla’s circular solution to waste in the U.K.
- The 44.01 Project in Oman is turning CO2 into rock.
Digital Transformation Summit & Awards 2022
- Digital Transformation Summit & Awards have been won in three categories NIIT Enterprise Business verticals- NIIT Institute of Finance, Banking & Insurance Training (NIIT IFBI), Stack Route and NIIT Sales and Service Excellence (NIIT SSE).
- The awards are given for building deep partnerships with leading enterprises towards their learning and talent-building initiatives focused on attracting, developing, and retaining talent to accelerate their business growth.
- NIIT-National Institute of Information Technology