International Day for the Abolition of Slavery
- It is observed on 2 December to make people aware of the modern slavery that works against human rights.
- This day reminds the situations of exploitation that a person cannot refuse due to threats, violence, coercion or abuse of power.
National Pollution Control Day
- National Pollution Control Day is celebrated on 2 December to raise awareness about pollution and its hazardous effects.
- This day is observed in memory of the people who lost their lives in the Bhopal gas calamity which is considered one of the biggest industrial disasters.
World Computer Literacy Day
It is observed on December 2 and aims to encourage the development of technological skills, mainly among children and women in India.
India’s biggest International Yoga Centre
- India’s biggest Yoga Centre has been constructed in village Mantalai in the Chenani Tehsil of Jammu and Kashmir’s Udhampur.
- The Tourism Ministry in the Government of India has sanctioned Rs 9,782 crore for this work, and it has a modern outlook with swimming pools, business convention centres, helipads, spas etc.
Digi Yatra facility inaugurated at IGI Airport
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya M. Scindia inaugurated the Digi Yatra facility at IGI Airport in New Delhi, This facility has been started at three airports in the country including Delhi, Bangalore, and Varanasi on December 1, 2022.
- Digi Yatra provides the facility of contactless processing of passengers on the basis of face recognition technology at the various checkpoints of airports.
Mini Africa people who voted for the first time in Gujarat
- The people of Jampur Village, known as Mini Africa in Gujarat state, are tribes who migrated to India from Africa many years ago as boatmen and traders and are staying in Jampur village of Junagadh district.
- Now for the first time, they have been given Indian citizenship and given the right to vote in Gujarat elections.
Mission Chennai scheme was launched in Tamil Nadu
- Transport Minister S.C. Sivashankar flagged off the “Mission Chennai” vehicle to create awareness of health and road safety.
- This “Mission Chennai” scheme was made in cooperation with Hyundai Motor India Limited.
Tamil Nadu’s best government schools list was published
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin had announced that the best schools would be awarded in the name of Prof. Anbazhagan.
- It has also been said that the award will be given to schools that demonstrate multifaceted development in learning, teaching, leadership and teacher skill development.
- Also, the list of best government schools in Tamil Nadu for the academic year 2020-21 has been released.
- Totally 114 schools were selected, and 3 schools each from 38 districts in Tamil Nadu have been selected for the award.
A Government Botanical Garden will be established at Kadapur
- As announced in the 2022-Tamil Nadu budget, a botanical garden will be established at a cost of 300 crore rupees in Chengalpattu district, Kadambur, on an area of 338 acres.
- Officials said that this botanical garden will be set up like ‘Kew Park’ in London, the capital of Britain in Europe and an agreement will be made with the Kew Park Management in London to get suggestions for setting up the park.
Nagaland’s 60th state formation day
- Nagaland became the 16th State of the Union of India on 1st December 1963 and the state celebrated its 60th statehood day.
- On the occasion, the Chief Minister will launch the SAHYOG project of Nagaland Police and also flag off Nagaland Police Special Operation Group Vehicles.
- Project SAHYOG – Nagaland Police signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Christian Institute of Health Sciences and Research (CIHSR) for ‘Project SAHYOG’, a medical assistance project for Nagaland Indian Reserve (IR) personnel and their families
Wildlife Trust of India award
- The Wildlife Trust of India has selected an eight-member team from Chinnakkanal (Munnar forest division) for its award this year for reducing incidents of man-animal conflict in the region.
- The team had been selected for its work in ensuring the protection of the wild elephants and people in the region.
- Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) is an Indian NGO committed to nature conservation, Motto is “In Service of Nature” and its mission is to conserve wildlife and its habitat.
Exercise Sudarshan Prahar conducted by the Indian Army’s Sudarshan Chakra Corps
Indian Army’s Sudarshan Chakra Corps carried out Exercise Sudarshan Prahar in the deserts of Rajasthan. The exercise focussed on the synergised application of combat power through the integration of force multipliers & practising new battle techniques in an integrated all-arms environment showcasing a high level of professionalism and offensive spirit.