International Day of Older Person
October 1 is observed as the International Day of Older Persons across the globe. The United Nations General Assembly introduced the day with the aim of honouring the contribution of older persons and looking into the problems that they face.
The Theme is “Resilience of Older Persons in a Changing World.” This theme will be celebrated by the NGO Committees on Ageing in New York, Geneva and Vienna.
International Coffee Day 2022
International Coffee Day is observed on October 1, to celebrate and promote the use of coffee. The day is marked to celebrate “the coffee sector’s diversity, quality and passion.”
World Vegetarian Day 2022
World Vegetarian Day is celebrated on the first day of October. It also kickstarts Vegetarian Awareness Month. This global day of advocacy and awareness celebrates the benefits of vegetarianism and encourages people to reduce their consumption of animal products.
Indian Women’s rights activist Srishti Bakshi wins ‘Changemaker’ award
A women’s rights activist from India, Srishti Bakshi has won the ‘Changemaker‘ award at the UN SDG (United Nations Sustainable Development Goals) Action Awards held at a ceremony in Bonn, Germany. The award is given to recognise the efforts of Srishti Bakshi to raise awareness of gender-based violence and inequality.
N S Rajan, the new chairman of ASCI
The election of N S Rajan, Director of August One Partners LLP, as Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) was done. At the board meeting that followed the 36th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of ASCI, Saugata Gupta, Managing Director & CEO, Marico Limited, was elected Vice-Chairman, and Shashidhar Sinha, Chief Executive Officer at IPG Mediabrands India, was named Honorary Treasurer.
5G Launch: PM Modi says the rollout of 5G a gift to 130 billion Indians
The nation’s 5G services were officially inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 1st, 2022, ushering in a period of ultra-high-speed mobile internet, according to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office. The sixth iteration of the India Mobile Congress was also launched by PM Modi.
Vladimir Putin Declares Annexation Of 4 Ukrainian Regions by Russia
Vladimir Putin has declared the Annexation of 4 Ukrainian regions by Russia namely Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhia. The West has denounced the annexation of occupied Ukrainian territory by Russia as an illegitimate land grab after Russian President Vladimir Putin signed treaties.
- At a Kremlin signing ceremony, Vladimir Putin reaffirmed his warning to use “all possible means” to safeguard the recently acquired parts of Ukraine.
- Vladimir Putin again raged angrily against the West, charging that the United States and its allies wanted to destroy Russia.
- Zelenskyy then organised his own signing ceremony in Kyiv and made a video of him signing what he claimed to be a legitimate application for NATO membership.
- Vladimir Putin has made it quite obvious that any possibility of Ukraine joining the military alliance is one of his red lines and has used it as justification for his invasion, which has been going on for eight months and is the largest land conflict in Europe since World War II.
MoS for Culture Arjun Ram Meghwal attends UNESCO-MONDIACULT 2022 in Mexico
The Indian delegation headed by the Minister of State for Culture Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal represented at UNESCO-MONDIACULT 2022 World Conference held in Mexico City from 28th-30th September 2022.
Kazakhstan changes its capital’s name from Nur-Sultan back to Astana
Kazakhstan’s president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev is to restore the former name of the country’s capital, Astana, just three years after he renamed it in honour of his predecessor.
World’s largest safari park to be developed in Gurugram
World’s largest jungle safari park to be developed in Haryana. The World’s largest jungle safari park is spread across an area of 10000 acres in the Aravalli Mountain Range of Gurugram and Nuh District. This project will be the largest such project in the world.
- The proposed area to build the World’s largest jungle safari park is Aravalli hills.
- The park will also include a large herbarium, an aviary, four zones for big cars, a large area for herbivores, an area for exotic animal/birds, an underwater world, natural trails, visitors, tourism zones, botanical garden, biomes, equatorial, tropical, coastal, desert, etc.
- For the making of the World’s largest jungle safari park an Aravalli Foundation will be set up which will manage the project.
- The design and operation will be managed by an international EOI, and two more companies with international experience.
- The Union Minister of Forest, Environment, and Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav, and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar visited the Sharjah Jungle Safari.
- The Sharjah Jungle Safari is the largest curated safari park outside Africa.
- The World’s largest jungle safari park in Harayana aims to boost tourism and employment opportunities for the local people.