The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Group 1 Preliminary exam, which was scheduled to be held on October 30, has been suddenly postponed due to administrative reasons.
The commission informed that the Group 1 Preliminary examination will be held on November 19 from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
TNPSC Group 1 exam takes place in three stages: Prelims – one objective paper – 300 marks, Mains – three descriptive papers – 750 marks total and interview – 100 marks.
The examination report for various Group-1 posts, including Deputy Collector and Deputy Superintendent, conducted by TNPSC was released on 21 July. The application period for Group 1 Preliminary Examination for filling up 92 posts ended on 22 August.
Post and Preferential Qualification
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Preference shall be given to candidates who possess National awards for Physical efficiency.
- Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)
- First Preference: A degree both in Commerce and Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws.
- Second Preference: A degree both in Commerce and Law.
- Third Preference: A degree either in Commerce or Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws.
- Fourth Preference: A degree either in Commerce or Law.
- District Employment Officer
- Graduate in Economics / Education / Sociology / Statistics or Psychology and to those with Post Graduate Diploma in Social Science and Experience in Industrial / Personnel Management / Labour Welfare.
- Assistant Director of Rural Development Department
- Post Graduate Degree in Rural Service of the Gandhigram Rural Institute, Madurai District.
- Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Extension.
- Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Sociology.