What is GATE Exam?
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national-level exam that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts. GATE 2023 will be a computer-based test (CBT) which is being organized by the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. The exam will be conducted by IISc Bangalore and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee), on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GoI).
Qualified GATE score can be used for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts; and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science, in the institutions supported by the MoE and other Government agencies. GATE score is also used by some colleges and institutions for giving admission to students without MoE scholarships/assistantships. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
GATE Exam 2023 Registration Started
The applications for GATE 2023 commenced on 30th August 2022 and ends on 30th September 2022. This year, IIT Kanpur is the GATE 2023 organising Institute and has invited online applications from interested candidates. The application link can be accessed on the IIT Kanpur GATE 2023 official website https://gate.iitk.ac.in/. Further in this article, vital information on GATE 2023 exam date, fee, application, eligibility, etc has been shared. Therefore, if you are interested in appearing for the GATE Exam 2023, you must read this article.
- Online Application Process Opens – 30th Aug 2022
- Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application process – 30th Sep 2022
- Closing Date of EXTENDED online registration/ application process – 07th Oct 2022
- Modifications in GATE 2023 Application – 04 to 11th Nov 2022
- Availability of GATE Admit cards for download – 03rd Jan 2023
- GATE 2023 Examinations – 04, 05 & 11, 12 Feb 2023
- The candidate’s response is available in the Application portal – 15th Feb 2023
- Answer keys available on the Application portal – 21st Feb 2023
- Submission of challenges by candidates on Answer Keys – 22nd to 25th Feb 2023
- Announcement of Results for GATE 2023 – 16th March 2023
- Availability of Score Card for download by candidates – 21st March 2023
GATE Eligibility Criteria
The following are the GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023 that you have to satisfy before online registration.
- The candidate must have completed the Undergraduate level education or government-approved degree in any of the following subjects:
- Moreover, candidates who are currently in the final year of their bachelor’s degree can also apply.
- Candidates who are pursuing or have completed their bachelor’s degree from abroad can also apply.
- In addition, there is no age limit for the candidates who wish to apply for GATE.
GATE Examination fee for Indian National Candidates
|Categories||Regular Fees||Extended Period Fees|
|Women||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 1350/-|
|Scheduled CasteScheduled TribePwD Candidates||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 1350/-|
|Remaining Candidates||Rs. 1700/-||Rs. 2200/-|
GATE Examination fee for Foreign National Candidates
|Centre of Exam||Regular Fees||Extended Period Fees|
|Centres Located in India||Rs. 1700/-||Rs. 2200/-|
|Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 100||US$ 150|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 200||US$ 250|
Steps to fill GATE 2023 Application Form
You can fill out the GATE Exam Form 2023 by visiting the official website gate.iitk.ac.in. For this, you have to register first and you can register by filling in your name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, and other basic information. After this, your registration number and password will be generated. With the help of this, you will be able to fill out the GATE 2023 Online Application Form by logging in.
- Candidates have to first go to the official website gate.iitk.ac.in as this year it is organized by the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- And now the GATE 2023 Registration has to be done and a login ID will be given.
- After that, all the documents have to be uploaded to complete the process of the GATE 2023 Application Form
- The application Fee has to be paid and the registration process has to be completed before 30 September 2022
Candidates must familiarize themselves with the paper code as it is required both during application and examination.
Each candidate should fill in ONLY ONE application. If they wish to appear in the second paper (from the two-paper combination), they can add the respective paper to their original application. In case of Multiple applications, only one will be accepted and the remaining applications will be rejected without any refund for the paid fee.