Solar Eclipse 2022 In India 25 October
- Solar Eclipse (also knowns as Surya Grahan in India) is visible in India.
- This partial solar eclipse is visible from Europe, the Urals and Western Siberia, Central Asia, Western Asia, South Asia and from the northeast of Africa.
- The maximal phase of the partial eclipse will be recorded on the West Siberian Plain in Russia near Nizhnevartovsk.
- Except for the few states of the northeastern region, most of the states in India will be able to witness solar eclipses.
According to the Ministry Of Earth Sciences, Solar Eclipse will be visible in Indian cities:
- Solar Eclipse Time In Delhi: 4.29 pm
- Solar Eclipse Time In Mumbai – 4.49 pm
- Solar Eclipse Time In Bangalore – 5.12 pm
- Solar Eclipse Time In Kolkata – 4.52 pm
- Solar Eclipse Time In Chennai – 5.14 pm
- Solar Eclipse Time In Bhopal – 4.42 pm
- Solar Eclipse Time In Hyderabad – 4.59 pm
- Solar Eclipse Time In Kanyakumari – 5.32 pm
- Solar Eclipse Time In Lucknow: 4.36 PM
India’s first ‘Migration Monitoring System’ was inaugurated in Mumbai
- India’s first ‘Migration Monitoring Systems’ was inaugurated by the Maharashtra Women and Children Development Minister Mangalprabhat Lodha in Mumbai.
- The website-based Migration Tracking System will track the movement of vulnerable seasonal migrant beneficiaries.
- The Migration Monitoring Systems aims to provide information about migrant pregnant women, lactating women, and children.
- The system provides updated information about migrant pregnant women, lactating women, and children in a single system.
- Maharashtra Women and Children Development Minister Mangalprabhat Lodha launched the ‘Migration Monitoring Systems’
- The state department has created website-based Migration Tracking System (MTS) to track the movements of vulnerable seasonal migrant beneficiaries through individual unique identification numbers.
- The information about seasonal migrant women and children will be available on a single platform with the ‘Migration Monitoring Systems’.
Prime Minister Launches the 1st Phase of “Rozgar Mela”
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 22 launched the Rozgar Mela recruitment drive to hire 10 lakh personnel.
- In the first tranche, 75,000 new appointees will be given jobs. The new recruits, selected from across the country, will join 38 government ministries and departments.
- The Prime Minister’s Office said this will be a significant step of the government towards providing job opportunities for the youth and ensuring the welfare of the citizens.
- It said that as directed by the prime minister, all ministries and department are working towards filling up existing vacancies against sanctioned posts.
- The recruitment will take place across central armed forces personnel, sub-inspectors, constables, LDCs, Stenos, PAs, income tax inspectors, MTS among others.
- “These recruitments are being done in Mission Mode by Ministries and Departments either by themselves or through Recruiting agencies such as UPSC, SSC, and Railway Recruitment Board.
Honesty Shops in Kerala
- The honesty shops have been launched under the Student Police Cadet (SPC).
- The SPC project was conceived to inculcate better civic sense among students and mold them as responsible youth.
- The objective of the Honestly shops is to provide students a chance to experience the virtue of honesty.
- The schools have switched off the CCTV facilities towards the shop to instill confidence among the students.
- The honesty shop has mainly school-based items such as notebooks, pens, pencil boxes, erasers, chart papers, and other essentials.
India fines Google Rs.1337 crore
- The nation’s competition watchdog has fined Google, a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc., Rs 1,337 crore for engaging in anti-competitive behaviour with regard to Android mobile devices.
- Google was penalised by India’s Competition Commission (CCI) for “abusing its dominant position in numerous regions within the Android mobile device ecosystem.”
- The decision to fine Google for alleged anti-competitive practices was described as “a major setback for Indian consumers and businesses” by Google.
- Google company said it would review the decision to determine its next course of action.
- The Android OS (operating system) is run and managed by Google, and the company also grants licences for its other proprietary programmes. In their mobile devices, OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) employ this OS and Google’s apps.
- An operating system (OS) is required for running programmes and applications on smart mobile devices. One of these mobile operating systems that Google purchased in 2005 is Android.
Anna May Wong set to become first Asian American to feature on US currency
- The four-year American Women Quarters Program honours the achievements and contributions made by women to the growth and history of the United States of America.
- Up to five new reverse designs will be released by the U.S. Mint each year starting in 2022 and continuing through 2025.
- Contributions to the American Women Quarters may come from a range of disciplines, including the humanities, science, space, governance, civil rights, and abolition.
- The women being honoured, Anna May Wong come from a variety of racial, ethnic, and geographic origins.
- Anna May Wong, only three years later, in one of the earliest Technicolor movies, The Toll of the Sea (1922), in which she starred, received critical praise.
- Anna May Wong was also The Gallery of Madame Liu-first Tsong’s Asian American lead actor on television (1951).
Yuvraj Singh named brand ambassador of T20 World Cup for the Blind
- The Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) has announced former India cricketer Yuvraj Singh as their brand ambassador for the 3rd T20 World Cup for the Blind to be held in India in December.
- Ajay Kumar Reddy B2 (Andhra Pradesh) will lead the Indian team while Venkateswara Rao Dunna – B2 (Andhra Pradesh) will be the vice-captain.
FATF Blacklists Myanmar, Calls for Due Diligence To Transactions in Nation
- money laundering and terrorist financing watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has put Myanmar on the “black list” and has called on members to apply enhanced due diligence to business relations and transactions in Myanmar.
- Myanmar has entered the FATF’s high-risk jurisdictions list, often referred to as the ‘black list’.
- The FATF blacklist, officially designated as High-Risk Jurisdictions subject to a Call for Action, identifies nations with weak anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist funding regulatory frameworks.
- In February 2020, Myanmar committed to addressing its strategic deficiencies.
- Myanmar’s action plan expired in September 2021.
Broadcasting only through Prasar Bharati
- Recently, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has issued an advisory stating that any kind of broadcasting be done only through Prasar Bharti.
- Prasar Bharati is a statutory autonomous body. It is the Public Service Broadcaster of the country.
- It was established under the Prasar Bharati Act in 1997.
- The Prasar Bharati Corporation’s main objective is to provide autonomy to Doordarshan and Akashvani in order to “educate and entertain the public.
- It states that ministries, departments of the central government, state governments, and union territory (UT) administrations or entities related to them would not be allowed to enter into broadcasting or distribution of broadcasting activities.
- In case central ministries, states, UTs and entities related to them are already broadcasting their content, it would now be done through the public broadcaster Prasar Bharati.
- Legal Backing: The TRAI was established on 20th February, 1997 by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997.
- Objectives of TRAI
- TRAI’s mission is to create and nurture conditions for growth of telecommunications in the country.
- TRAI regulates telecom services including fixation/revision of tariffs for telecom services which were earlier vested in the Central Government.
- It also aims to provide a fair and transparent policy environment which promotes a level playing field and facilitates fair competition.
- Headquarters: The head office of the TRAI is located at New Delhi.
- Order for Furnishing Information: It can call upon any service provider to furnish in writing the information or explanation relating to its affairs as the Authority may require.
- Appointments for Inquiry: The Authority may appoint one or more persons to make an inquiry in relation to the affairs of any service provider.
- Order for Inspection: It is empowered to direct any of its officers or employees to inspect the books of accounts or other documents of any service provider.
- Issue Directions to Service Providers: The Authority shall have the power to issue such directions to service providers as it may consider necessary for proper functioning by service providers.
DRDO successfully test-fired indigenously-developed new generation medium-range ballistic missile Agni Prime (Agni-P) from the APJ Abdul Kalam Island at Odisha coast.
Article About Agni Prime
About Agni Prime
- It is a two-stage canisterised missile.
- It is the latest and sixth variant of the Agni series missiles (under IGMDP – Integrated Guided Missile Development Program).
- With multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicles, the missile is capable of delivering a number of warheads at separate locations at a distance of 1,000 – 2,000 km.
- The 10.5-metre tall missile with a diameter of 1.2 metres can carry warheads up to 1.5 tonnes.
- It can perform high manoeuvres while homing in on targets.
- These missiles will be inducted into the armed forces after couple of user-associated launches
- It has a dual redundant navigation and guidance system.