World Trauma Day 2022
- October 17 is celebrated as World Trauma Day. The day is observed with a view to prevent the increasing rate of accidents and injuries causing death and disability across the world.
- The day was created in New Delhi, India, in 2011. This was a result of the high number of deaths caused by road accidents in the country, an estimate of over 400 people lost their lives each day to it.
- Road Traffic Accident (RTA) is the leading cause of trauma across the world.
Odisha CM launched a new book
- Odisha Chief Minister, Naveen Patnaik released the book titled ‘Pandemic Disruptions and Odisha’s Lessons in Governance’ by Dr Amar Patnaik, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha this evening at Naveen Niwas.
- This book is a culmination of the various essays on pertinent contemporary issues that emerged in India during the pandemic years of 2020-21 and 2021-2022.
Arya.ag and FWWB India partner with UNDP
- Project Excel is being implemented in the Gujarati districts of Jamnagar and Dwaraka Devbhumi by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in collaboration with the integrated grain commerce platform Arya.ag and Friends of Women’s World Banking India (FWWB India).
- It aims to increase the incomes of 10,000 farmer households through the promotion of small businesses, intervention in the agri-value chain, and skill development in the agricultural industry.
Amit Shah Launches First Hindi Version of MBBS Course Books
Home Minister Amit Shah launched the MBBS Course books in Hindi version at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. It is the first ever Hindi version of the MBBS course books in India. The book launch event was felicitated by the Bhopal state education minister Vishvas Kailash Sarang and Bhopal CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
India-Africa Defence Dialogue to be held in Gandhinagar
- India-Africa Defence Dialogue to be held on the sidelines of DefExpo 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The dialogue aims to explore new areas of convergence for mutual engagement, including areas like capacity building, training, cyber security, maritime security, and counter-terrorism.
- The theme of the India-Africa Defence Dialogue is India-Africa: Adopting Strategy for Synergising and strengthening Defence and Security Corporation.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will host the Defence Ministers of African Nations.
- India and Africa share close historical relations.
- India’s approach towards Africa is guided by the Kampala Principles enunciated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018.
India to host 90th General Assembly of INTERPOL
- The 90th General Assembly of Interpol is going to be held in New Delhi from 18th October to 21st October 2022.
- The 90th General Assembly of Interpol will have the world’s largest police body with 195 members.
- The General Assembly is the International policing organization’s top governing body and meets once a year to take important decisions.
- The meeting will be attended by 2,000 overseas dignitaries, including Ministers, Police Chiefs, Police Officers, and support staff
- The General Assembly is taking place in India after 25 years.
- The last General Assembly held in India was in the year 1997.
- This was initiated by the Union Home Minister Amit Shah to Interpol Secretary General Jurgen Stock.
- The General Assembly is the supreme governing body of Interpol.
- It is an organization that was founded in 1923 to bring international Corporations into law enforcement.
- The organization has 90 million records spread across 17 databases.
Justice DY Chandrachud appointed as 50th Chief Justice of India
President Droupadi Murmu has appointed Dr Justice DY Chandrachud as the new Chief Justice of India. He will succeed the present Chief Justice of India Justice Uday Umesh Lalit.
Jyothi Yarraji becomes first Indian woman to run sub-13s hurdles
- Jyothi Yarraji, an Indian Sprinter made history in the women’s 100m hurdles as the became the first Indian woman to run a sub-13s time to win the gold medal at the Nation Games 2022.
- Jyothi Yarraji broke her national record representing Andhra Pradesh by running the final in 12.79s.
- Earlier, Jyothi Yarraji won the women’s 100m gold, leaving behind Sprinters lime Dutee Chand and Hima Das.
India’s First Aluminum Freight Rake at Bhubaneswar
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated India’s first aluminium freight rake — 61 BOBRNALHSM1 — at Bhubaneshwar Railway Station.
- The rake’s destination is Bilaspur. As per reports, the aluminium freight rake wields the capacity to carry 180-ton more goods as against the traditional rake.
- Moreover, it is 180 tons lighter than the traditional steel rake.
Adani Airports appoints Ericsson veteran Arun Bansal as CEO
- Adani Airport Holdings has again rejigged its top management, naming Ericsson veteran Arun Bansal its chief executive officer.
- Bansal, who spent 25 years at the Swedish telecom network company, was most recently its president for Europe and Latin America.
- The appointment will help strengthen digital transformation and the business growth agenda.
“PowerEX-2022” joint Cyber Security Exercise
- 193 invited Power Sector Utilities to participate in the Cyber Security Exercise “PowerEX” that was successfully designed and carried out by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-IN) and Power-CSIRTs.
- On the exercise day, the CERT-In team collaborated with the Power-CSIRT authorities’ Exercise Planner Team as Exercise Coordinators.