National Pass Gas Day
Passing gas is certainly a natural enough occurrence. Typically, the gas is made up of odourless gasses, like hydrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide or nitrogen. But sometimes, depending on the kind of food that was eaten, the gas contains hydrogen sulfide which can have a tendency to smell like rotten eggs.
India to host Voice of Global South Summit
- India will host a special virtual Summit on 12th and 13th of January 2023 called ‘Voice of Global South Summit’.
- The theme of the Summit is ‘Unity of Voice, Unity of Purpose. More than 120 countries have been invited for this summit.
- The initiative is inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas and India’s philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.
- The summit is India’s attempt to provide a common platform to discuss concerns affecting developing countries.
- India will work to ensure that the valuable inputs generated by participating countries in the Voice of the Global South deliberations receive due cognizance globally.
17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention organized in Madhya Pradesh
- The 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention is being organized in Indore from 8th Jan to the 10th of January in partnership with the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- The theme of this PBD conference is “Diaspora: Reliable partners for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal”.
- Over 3,500 Diaspora members from around 70 different countries have registered for the convention.
- The 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas convention is also significant because it is being organized as a physical event for the first time after a gap of four years.
- The postal stamp is dedicated to the safe and legal migration of India’s Pravasi. Ministry of External Affairs had launched the “Surakshit Jayen Prashikshit Jayen” – Go Safe, Go Trained
- The goal of this campaign is to raise public awareness about the importance of using safe and legal channels while traveling for overseas employment.
World’s first Palm-leaf Manuscript Museum in Thiruvananthapuram
- Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala has opened the world’s first museum of palm leaf manuscripts, enriching the state culturally and educationally.
- The museum, which opened last week, has 187 manuscripts chronicling a mine of stories based entirely on primary sources.
- These documents are written on clean and clear palm leaves, which are furnished in the record rooms. In that period these palm leaves were treated before writing the description.
- The museum is a repository of curious nuggets of administrative, socio-cultural and economic facets of the Travancore kingdom which lasted for 650 years till the end of the 19th century.
- It had been the Central Vernacular Records Office since 1887 before becoming a museum.
Anurag Thakur launched the themes of the Y20 summit, logo, and website
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has launched the themes of the Y20 summit, logo, and website in New Delhi in the curtain raiser event of Y20 Summit India.
- Youth 20 (Y20) is the official youth engagement group of G20.
- It provides a platform that allows youth to express their vision and ideas on the G20 priorities.
- During the event, panel discussions of young achievers will also take place in the second session.
- India is hosting the Y20 summit for the first time. In Youth 20 Engagement Group, India’s key focus is to bring young leaders from all across the globe together and discuss ideas for a better tomorrow and draft an agenda for action.
India’s first Inclusion Festival, Purple Fest begins in Goa
- Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Virendra Kumar has inaugurated ‘Purple Fest: Celebrating Diversity’, India’s first festival of inclusion in Goa.
- Objective – To showcase how we can come together to create a welcoming and inclusive world for everyone.
- The Purple Fest will feature a variety of thrilling live performances, sporting events, major exhibitions, immersive experience zones, accessible movie screenings, and talks on important topics such as inclusive education, tourism, employment, and independent living.
- Purple Fest is the first festival of its kind in Goa. It is an inclusive event that aims to highlight how we can work together to make the world a welcoming and inclusive place for all.