About Bank Merges
- There are a total of 12 Public Sector Banks in India after the Mega-Merger. Among these, there are six merged banks and six independent public sector banks.
- Merged Banks – SBI, PNB, BoB, Indian Bank, Canara Bank, and Union Bank of India
- Independent Banks – Uco Bank, BoM, Punjab & Sindh Bank, BoI, Central Bank of India, and Indian Overseas Bank.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) and United Bank of India (UBI) are merged into Punjab National Bank. After the merger, the PNB will become the second-largest PSB after SBI.
- Syndicate Bank is merged with Canara Bank and the combined entity will be the fourth largest PSB.
- Allahabad Bank is merged with Indian Bank and all its branches will be treated as the branches of Indian bank.
- Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank is merged with Union Bank of India.
List of Private Sector Banks
|Sl no||Private Sector Banks||Headquarters||Taglines|
|1||Axis Bank Ltd.||Mumbai||Badhti ka naam zindagi|
|2||HDFC Bank Ltd.||Mumbai||We understand your world|
|3||ICICI Bank Ltd.||Mumbai||Hum Hai na!!; Khyal Apka|
|4||Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.||Mumbai||Lets make money simple|
|5||Yes Bank Ltd.||Mumbai||Experience our expertise|
|6||Indusind Bank Ltd.||Mumbai||We make you feel richer|
|7||Federal Bank Ltd.||Kochi, Kerala||Your Perfect Banking Partner|
|8||Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd.||Sri Nagar||Serving to empower|
|9||South Indian Bank Ltd.||Thrissur, Kerala||Experience Next Generation Banking|
|10||Karur Vysya Bank Ltd||Karur, Tamilnadu||Smart way to Bank|
|11||Bandhan Bank Ltd.||Kolkata, West Bengal||Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai|
|12||IDFC Bank Ltd. (Newly Licensed in 2014)||Mumbai|
|13||Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd.||Tamilnadu||The changing face of Prosperity|
|14||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd.||Tuticorin||Be a step ahead of Life|
|16||Karnataka Bank Ltd.||Mangalore||Your family bank across India|
|17||ING Vysya Bank Ltd. (Merged with Kotak Mahindra Bank in April 2015)||Bangalore||Jiyo Easy|
|18||DCB Bank Limited (Development Credit Bank)||Mumbai|