The National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS) was developed for the purpose of recognizing and developing identified young athletes in the category of 8 to 12 years. The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports is sponsoring the program.
The scheme was started on August 28, 2017, at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi, by the nation’s Vice President, the honorable M. Naidu, and the Sports Minister, Vijay Goel.
This program’s major goal is to find talented students in high schools, colleges, and universities and give them the opportunity to compete in regional, national, and international competitions. The program contributes significantly to the general growth of young people. For pupils in the age range of 8 to 12 years old, the government administers the Physical Efficiency and Sports Aptitude Test (PESAT) as part of the program. Students who pass the test will be admitted to the Sports Authority of India’s Junior Sports Academy and Sports Training Center.
Sports Covered Under the Scheme
If the students are seen as beneficiaries, they are free to select the name of the game. The program includes about 30 games, some of which are listed in the section of the article that follows-
Features of the National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS)
- The program was started with the primary goal of giving talent and potential in the nation a fair chance. By giving them a proper platform, we enable them to pursue their goals and exercise their preferences on a national and worldwide scale.
- The recipients of the scholarship will each receive Rs. 500,000. However, over the following 8 years, beneficiaries will receive this beneficiary amount on an annual basis. The pupils can receive the appropriate training in sports that suit their interests thanks to this financial assistance.
- Beneficiaries will receive training in accordance with the program’s rules. However, a total of 1000 students will be chosen for the training session.
Eligibility of the National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS)
- Any Indian student living in India who is between the age of 8 and 12 years can choose to benefit from the program. The benefits of the scheme, however, are only available to participants who successfully complete the physical efficiency and sports aptitude tests.
- The program allows players from any Indian state to register. As a result, candidates can obtain application forms in both Hindi and English as well as other regional languages. As a result, users can select the form and language they prefer to use when completing the online application.
- After six months, students who are unable to register for the program or who are declared ineligible by the program might choose to reapply.
Benefits of the National Sports Talent Search Scheme
- The program will help in finding the athletes with natural abilities like anthropometric, physical, and physiological capacities without any anatomical defects among children in the age range of 8 to 12 (for admission in Class IV to Class VI).
- The program will support the growth of Indian sports, especially rural sports.
- Sports schools at the district, regional, and national levels as well as national and international sports academies will foster the development of athletes’ sporting potential and talent. As a result of this, the number of athletes in the nation will increase.