NEET Exam 2024 Online Registration
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2024), conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), is a national-level medical entrance exam for undergraduate admissions to MBBS, dental, AYUSH, and nursing courses in India. The exam is a gateway to the top medical institutes in the country, including AIIMS and JIPMER.
The NEET 2024 is a pen and paper-based exam in 13 languages. The NEET 2024 syllabus will be the same as last year’s, covering Physics, Chemistry, and Biology based on the Classes 11 and 12 syllabus. Here we provide tentative the Application Starting date and Exam Dates.
NEET Exam syllabus
The NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a highly competitive medical entrance examination in India for admission to undergraduate medical courses like MBBS and BDS in various government and private medical colleges across the country. The syllabus for NEET is based on the curriculum of classes 11 and 12 of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
The NEET syllabus includes subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology). Here’s a general overview of the topics covered in each subject:
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- The motion of the System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements
- p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
NEET 2024 Notification
Name of the Exam – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2024)
Courses – MBBS, AYUSH, BDS, Veterinary etc
Level – National Level Exam
Duration – 3 hours and 20 Minutes
Application Mode – Online
Mode – Pen and Paper
Subject – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology based on the Classes 11 and 12 syllabus
Official Website – https://www.nta.ac.in/
Application Fee – 1000 – 1700/-
NEET 2024 Important Dates
Starting Date for Online Application – March 2024
Late Date for Online Application – April 2024
Last date for application fee payment – 1st week of April 2024
Issue of admit card – Last week of April 2024
Exam Date – May 2024
Result Date – June 2024
Date of Counselling – July 2024
NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and Foreign Nationals are eligible to participate in NEET.
- Candidates must have reached or will reach the age of 17 by the time of admission or before December 31st of the year they join the MBBS/BDS course.
- There is no upper age limit for NEET-UG applicants.
- Candidates should have individually passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English, with a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology.
- Students appearing for the Class XII examination in 2024 can provisionally take the NEET 2024 entrance test, subject to fulfilling the required conditions later.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes have a relaxed aggregate requirement of 40% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology.
- Indian Citizens/Overseas Citizens of India seeking to pursue MBBS/BDS from a foreign Medical/Dental Institute must qualify for NEET 2024.
Documents Required while Filling the Application Form:
- Candidate’s recent Passport size Photograph
- Postcard size Photograph
- Left and Right-hand Fingers and Thumb impression
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Citizenship Certificate (if applicable)
- PwBD Certificate (if applicable)
- Address Proof (Present and Permanent Address)
How to Apply for NEET 2024
- Visit the official website of NEET UG 2024.
- Click on the “NEET (UG) 2024 Registration” option.
- Click on the “New Registration” button.
- Fill details on the registration form and click on the “Submit” button.
- After receiving the application number, fill remaining details in the application.
- Upload the required documents in the application form.
- Pay the application fee through online mode.
- After fee payment, the confirmation page will be generated.
- Take a printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.