GATE Exam 2025
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national-level exam that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts.
GATE 2025 will be a computer-based test (CBT) which is being organized by the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. The exam will be conducted by IISc Bangalore and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee), on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GoI).
Qualified GATE score can be used for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts; and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science, in the institutions supported by the MoE and other Government agencies.
GATE score is also used by some colleges and institutions for giving admission to students without MoE scholarships/assistantships. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
GATE Exam 2025 Registration Started
The applications for GATE 2025 commenced in August 2024 and ended in September 2024. This year, IIT Kanpur is the GATE 2025 organising Institute and has invited online applications from interested candidates. The application link can be accessed on the IIT Kanpur GATE 2025 official website https://gate.iitk.ac.in/. Further in this article, vital information on the GATE 2025 exam date, fee, application, eligibility, etc has been shared. Therefore, if you are interested in appearing for the GATE Exam 2025, you must read this article.
- Online Application Process Opens – Aug 2024
- Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application process – Sep 2024
- Closing Date of EXTENDED online registration/ application process – October 2024
- Modifications in GATE 2024 Application – November 2024
- Availability of GATE Admit cards for download – January 2025
- GATE 2024 Examinations – 03, 04& 10, 11 Feb 2025
- The candidate’s response is available in the Application portal – February 2025
- Answer keys available on the Application portal – February 2025
- Submission of challenges by candidates on Answer Keys – February 2025
- Announcement of Results for GATE 2025 – March 2025
- Availability of Score Card for download by candidates – March 2025
GATE Eligibility Criteria
The following are the GATE Eligibility Criteria 2025 that you have to satisfy before online registration.
- The candidate must have completed the Undergraduate level education or government-approved degree in any of the following subjects:
- Moreover, candidates who are currently in the final year of their bachelor’s degree can also apply.
- Candidates who are pursuing or have completed their bachelor’s degree from abroad can also apply.
- In addition, there is no age limit for the candidates who wish to apply for GATE.
GATE Examination Fee for Indian National Candidates
|Categories||Regular Fees||Extended Period Fees|
|Women||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 1350/-|
|Scheduled CasteScheduled TribePwD Candidates||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 1350/-|
|Remaining Candidates||Rs. 1700/-||Rs. 2200/-|
GATE Examination Fee for Foreign National Candidates
|Centre of Exam||Regular Fees||Extended Period Fees|
|Centres Located in India||Rs. 1700/-||Rs. 2200/-|
|Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 100||US$ 150|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 200||US$ 250|
Steps to fill GATE 2025 Application Form
You can fill out the GATE Exam Form 2025 by visiting the official website gate.iitk.ac.in. For this, you have to register first and you can register by filling in your name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, and other basic information. After this, your registration number and password will be generated. With the help of this, you will be able to fill out the GATE 2025 Online Application Form by logging in.
- Candidates have to first go to the official website gate.iitk.ac.in as this year it is organized by the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- And now the GATE 2025 Registration has to be done and a login ID will be given.
- After that, all the documents have to be uploaded to complete the process of the GATE 2025 Application Form
- The application Fee has to be paid and the registration process has to be completed before September 2024.
Candidates must familiarize themselves with the paper code as it is required both during application and examination.
Each candidate should fill in ONLY ONE application. If they wish to appear in the second paper (from the two-paper combination), they can add the respective paper to their original application. In case of Multiple applications, only one will be accepted and the remaining applications will be rejected without any refund for the paid fee.