More than 57,000 migrant workers have registered for the special one nation one Anganwadi program on Poshan Tracker App.
- The Poshan app will allow migrant workers to access nurseries at their respective locations by using the Poshan Tracker App on mobile phones.
What is Poshan Tracker App?
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) has launched an application called Poshan Tracker.
- The Poshan Tracker management application provides a 360-degree view of the activities of the Anganwadi Centre.
- The app facilitates efficient service delivery by digitizing and automating the tasks performed by Anganwadi Workers.
- To support their work, smartphones procured through Government e-Market (GeM) have been provided to the workers.
- Additionally, a designated individual has been appointed in each state to offer technical support and resolve any issues related to downloading and using the new Poshan Tracker application.
- Migrant workers who have registered in their original state can visit the nearest Anganwadi in their current place of residence to access the schemes and services provided through the app.
What are the Achievements of the App?
- Since the launch of the Poshan Abhiyan in 2018, a total of 10 crore 6 lakh beneficiaries have been registered on the App.
- There has been a significant decline over the years in the number of girls dropping out in the age group of 11-14 years.
- In the Northeast and in aspirational districts, as many as 22.40 lakh adolescent girls have been identified, who will be covered under this new scheme which now falls under the ambit of the Poshan 2.0.
- An age-appropriate take-home ration is being designed for children up to six years of age.
What is Poshan Abhiyan?
- POSHAN Abhiyaan (Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition) was launched by the Prime Minister on 8th March 2018 in the Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan.
- Prevent and reduce Stunting in children (0- 6 years)
- Prevent and reduce under-nutrition (underweight prevalence) in children (0-6 years)
- Reduce the prevalence of anaemia among young Children (6-59 months)
- Reduce the prevalence of anaemia among Women and Adolescent Girls in the age group of 15-49 years
- Reduce Low Birth Weight (LBW).
What is Anganwadi?
- Anganwadi Services (Now renamed as Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0) is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme implemented by States/UTs.
- It provides a package of six services, namely, (i) Supplementary Nutrition; (ii) Pre-school Non-formal Education; (iii) Nutrition & Health Education; (iv) Immunization; (v) Health Check-up; and (vi) Referral Services.
- It provides services to all eligible beneficiaries, namely, children in the age group of 0-6 years, pregnant women and lactating mothers through the platform of Anganwadi Centres across the country.
- Three of the services viz. Immunization, Health Check-ups and Referral Services are related to health and are provided through NRHM & Public Health Infrastructure.