1. Name the densest jungle in the world?
Ans. The Amazon rainforest
2. Which festival is called the festival of colours?
3. What is the Isosceles triangle?
Ans. A triangle in which two sides have the same length or two sides are equal.
4. What type of gas is absorbed by plants?
Ans. Carbon Dioxide
5. How many days a February month has in the leap year?
Ans. 29 days
6. Name the longest river on the Earth?
7. Name the smallest continent?
8. Which is the principal source of energy for the Earth?
9. Anti-clockwise is it from left or right?
10. Name the planet nearest to the Earth?
11. Which festival is known as the festival of light?
12. Name the place known as the Roof of the World?
13. Who was the first Prime Minister of India?
Ans. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
14. Who is the first woman prime minister of India?
Ans. Indira Gandhi
15. Who is the first citizen of India?
Ans. The President of India
16. How many states are there in India?
Ans. 28 states
17. How many Union Territories are there in India?
Ans. 8 Union Territories
18. How many years are there in one Millenium?
Ans. 1,000 years
19. Name the first man to walk on the Moon?
Ans. Neil Armstrong
20. Name the Oceans of the World?
Ans. The Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and Southern (Antarctic) oceans.
21. What is the cause of the Sun’s energy?
Ans: Fusion of Hydrogen and Helium.
22. Which is the nearest planet to the Sun?
23. How much time does the sunlight take to reach the Earth?
Ans: 8 minutes 20 seconds.
24. Name the planets in our solar system.
Ans: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
25. Which is the closest planet to earth?
26. Which is the farthest planet from earth?
27. How many moons does the earth have?
28. Which planet has the most moons?
29. How many moons does Saturn have?
30. Which is the largest moon in our solar system?
31. How many layers are there in the earth’s atmosphere?
32. What does the cow gives us?
33. Which is the largest bone in the human body?
34. Which type of plant is a money plant?
35. What is the sound made by a frog?
Answer: Croak croak
36. What is the name of the shortest bone in the human body?
37. How many layers are there in the atmosphere?
38. Who is the Father of Medicine?
Answer: Acharya Charak
School Level General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. The baby frog is known as?
2. Rainbows consist of how many colours?
Ans. 7 colours
3. How many days are there in a year?
Ans. 365 days (not a leap year)
4. How many minutes are there in an hour?
Ans. 60 minutes
5. How many seconds are there in a minute?
Ans. 60 seconds
6. How many seconds make one hour?
Ans. 3600 seconds
7. How many consonants are there in the English alphabet?
Ans. 21 Consonants
8. Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert”?
9. How many days are there in a week?
Ans. 7 days
10. How many hours are there in a day?
Ans. 24 hours
11. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
Ans. 26 letters
12. How many vowels are there in the English alphabet and name them?
Ans. 5 vowels namely a, e, i, o, and u.
13. Which animal is known as the king of the jungle?
Ans. The Lion is known as the king of the jungle.
14. Name the National bird of India?
Ans. The Peacock
15. Name the National animal of India?
16. What is the National Anthem of India?
Ans. The National Anthem of India is Jana Gana Mana.
17. Name the national flower of India?
Ans. Lotus flower
18. Name the National fruit of India?
19. What is the National song of India?
Ans. Vande Mataram
20. Who designed the National Flag of India?
Ans. The flag was designed by Pingali Venkayya.
21. How many fingers do you have in one hand?
Ans: Five fingers
22. What do you drink that comes from a cow?
23. When is it time for bed?
Ans: Night time.
24. What part of your body lets you see?
Answer: The eyes
25. What animal goes “Moo”?
26. Can you name a word that starts with the letter “C”?
27. How many months do we have in a year?
Answer: 12 months
28. How many days do we have in a week?
Answer: 7 days
29. How many days are there in a year?
Answer: 365 days
30. What is 2+2?
31. Which number comes after 6?
32. How many colours are there in a rainbow?