The Jawahar Rozgar Yojana (JRY) has been patched up, streamlined, and wandered into the Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana (JGSY). It was spread out on April 1, 1999, completely aimed at chipping away at the individual fulfilment of the rural poor by offering more helpful work. India’s one critical monetary issue consolidates poverty.
Introduction of Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana
- The program has been revamped, smoothed out, and developed in the past Jawahar Rozgar Yojana.
- It was laid out on April 1, 1999, fully intent on working on the existence of the rustic poor by giving them extra valuable business.
- This incorporates the foundation of the structure, the making of nearby assets, and, in this vein, the business period.
- JGSY public mindfulness crusade in towns, especially those with an enormous BPL populace. This involves reexamining the game plan at a higher (public) level to survey its normal worth.
- The public authority’s Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana is being executed altogether at the gram panchayat level.
- Endowments will be sent straightforwardly to Gram Panchayats, including State Mail Accounts to District Rural Development Agencies (DRDAs)/Zila Parishads (ZPs).
- The significance of the country’s structure in the advancement of the town’s economy couldn’t possibly be more significant.
- The Central and State Governments have begun various drives to fabricate the nation’s construction. The public works program has additionally made a huge commitment to this heading.
Objectives of Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana
- The Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana, which was named after India’s most memorable Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, planned to make a need-based commonplace structure to further develop the low qualities of life.
- The JGSY’s principal objective is to fabricate a request-driven local area town framework, including strong resources, so the provincial poor can have more choices for long-haul work.
- The formation of supplemental work for the jobless poor in country regions is the optional objective. Families living beneath the neediness line (BPL) will be given paid positions under the drive.
- Jawahar Rozgar Yojana (JRY) was sent off in 1989 by consolidating two compensation work programs:
a) The National Rural Employment Program (NREP) and
b) The Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Program (RLEGP).
Qualification Criteria of Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana
- The candidate should satisfy the accompanying circumstances to apply for the Gram Samridhi Yojana.
- The candidate should be an Indian inhabitant.
- Food handling units and rustic region food handling units are qualified under this plan
Goals of Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana
- With Gram Sabha’s endorsement, the Gram Panchayat is the sole master for the creation and execution of the Annual Action Plan.
- Individual beneficiary designs for SC/ST have been apportioned 22.5 percent of JGSY saves.
- 3% of the yearly allotment will be utilized to make an obstruction-free system for the debilitated.
- The wages will be set by the state government under the JGSY.
- With Gram Sabha’s endorsement, Gram Panchayats would have the option to complete works/plans worth up to Rs.50,000. Notwithstanding, for works/plans costing more than Rs.50,000, the Gram Panchayat will look for specific/administrative endorsement from the proper experts after getting the Gram Sabha endorsement.
- Gram Panchayats are permitted to spend Rs 7,500 every year, or 7.5 percent of the aggregate, on administrative costs and potentially open doors, as well as looking for proficient guidance.
- 15% of the assets can be utilized to keep up with the property.
- The fundamental motivation behind JGSY is to advance interest-driven town structures, including strong assets at the nearby level, to enable the poor in the country to develop business-open entryways sensibly.
- Town panchayat level – The sole expert for the planning of the yearly arrangement and its execution.
Funding of Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana
- The program will be carried out as a midway-supported plan with a 75:25 expense dividing proportion among the focal government and the states.
- Gram Panchayat resources will be allotted relying upon the populace, instead of the ongoing furthest reaches of Rs 10,000.
- General heading, coordination, the board, noticing, and irregular specifying will be the obligation of the DRDA/ZP/Intermediate Panchayats.
As per the UN’s Global Multidimensional Poverty Index-2018, 271 million individuals in India emerged from destitution between 2005-06 and 2015-16. More than a ten-year time frame, the country’s neediness rate has practically split, tumbling from 55% to 28 percent. Regardless of this, an enormous part of India’s populace lives in destitution. Fast monetary development and the use of innovation for social area exercises have made a significant gouge in the country’s horrendous neediness. Regardless of our quick development and advancement, an unsuitable piece of our populace keeps on being denied on various levels. To reduce neediness in India, a more exhaustive and comprehensive methodology is required.