1000 per month for housewives would be implemented from September 15 in the state of TN
In the election promise made by the DMK party, Rs 1000 per month for the housewives in TN was seen as an important one. The DMK party won the elections and Mr. M.K. Stalin came to power is well known to us. In this situation, various opposition parties have been asking when the scheme of providing Rs 1000 per month for housewives would be implemented in the state of TN.
Now, the TN govt has answered that the scheme would be implemented soon.
Rs 1,000 for eligible women heads of family from September 15.
The operational guidelines outlining the eligibility to avail of the benefits under this scheme will be evolved and released soon. Rs 7,000 crore has been allotted in the Budget for this scheme which will be a game changer in the socio-economic life of Tamilnadu.
Eligibility Criteria for Tamilnadu 1000 Scheme for Housewife
- They must be over 21 years of age and should be residing in Tamil Nadu. At the same time, there is no upper age limit.
- Only one member of a family is eligible to receive the grant for an individual family card.
- If they own a car, tractor, jeep, or commercial vehicle, and have an annual income of more than Rs. 2 Lakhs, they are not eligible for a grant of Rs. 1,000.
- Those who earn more than Rs. 2.5 Lakhs per year are not eligible for the grant for family heads.
- The grant amount is not available for those who own 5 acres or more of cultivated land or 10 acres or more of barren land.
- Female MLAs, MPs, and female government employees are not eligible for the grant.
- The employees of central government institutions and their dependents are also not eligible for the grant under this scheme.
- Commercial banks and cooperative societies, as well as their employees and dependents, are not eligible for the grant.
- Those who receive income tax benefits or benefits from other government welfare schemes will not receive benefits from this scheme.
- Families with annual electricity consumption of more than 3,600 units are not eligible for the grant.
Widows, unmarried individuals, and single women who are heads of households are considered family heads and are eligible for the grant. At the same time, families with physical disabilities that require special care and have reduced mobility can apply for assistance under this scheme.
It is notified that the application for the grant must be submitted at the ration shop where the family card is issued.
Documents Required for Kaligner Women’s grant amount
- The applicant must provide information on whether they reside in a rented house or their own house.
- If they own a private vehicle, they need to submit the relevant documents.
- Aadhaar number must be submitted.
- The family card number should be mentioned in the submitted documents.
- A mobile number must be provided.
- A Bank account number must be provided.
- A passport-sized photograph must be uploaded.
- The district of residence must be specified.
- Age should be mentioned.
- The applicant must specify their occupation.